Tune In add on app fails to tune on Emby WEB but OK on Emby Theater

Rolando1948

Rolando1948

The "Tune In" (add on) in the Emby Theater app works correctly and tunes my local radio stations perfectly and without hesitation, but when trying to access the exact same radio station through the Emby Web browser interface of my NAS (QNAP) and/or of my desktop PC (Windows 10), it fails and I get the following response: 

Playback Error

No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator for details.

All help and advise is greatly appreciated.

Rolando1948

To further clarify, the Emby Theater with "Tune In" that works and successfully tunes my local radio stations is installed on the same desktop PC that I run the Emby server which appears in the Web browser interface as http://localhost:8096/web/index.html#!#dlg1665527575191 but fails to tune the exact same radio stations that Emby Theater successfully tuned. The Emby server "Tune In" add on in my networked NAS (QNAP) also fails to tune the radio stations and the same error prompt shows. I just checked today and the anomaly persist. I have attached the todays log.

Tune In app fail embyserver.txt

Rolando1948

I forgot to mention that I installed the Emby Theater version for my QNAP NAS and as many other manually installed apps, it is label as not having a digital signature, but in general the other apps run fine, but Emby Theater fails to open and run on my QNAP NAS. 

44 minutes ago, Rolando1948 said:

I forgot to mention that I installed the Emby Theater version for my QNAP NAS and as many other manually installed apps, it is label as not having a digital signature, but in general the other apps run fine, but Emby Theater fails to open and run on my QNAP NAS. 

Before installing Emby on QNAP, you must have "Allow installation and execution of applications without a digital signature" selected and applied on the QNAP server at this location: App Center / Settings [gear wheel] / General. (This will produce a warning.) You must leave this setting on in order to avoid having Emby Server app shut down every day or so by the QNAP system (which would then require a manual restart of the Emby Server app).

Rolando1948

Thank you Luke, I have the "Allow installation of application without a valid digital signature" permanently on, I also have other apps without digital running all the time. Despite having the this configured to accept apps without digital signatures, your Emby Theater version for my QNAP NAS, installs but fails to open and run.

Rolando1948

Let see, since in this message thread I have brought forth two anomalies. Let me start with the first one that I posted and provided a log for: the "Tune In" add on app fails to tune local radio channels when installed on the Emby Server (Windows 10) and also fails when installed on Emby Server (QNAP), but works correctly without any problems when installed in Emby Theater (Windows 10). Thus I proceeded to install Emby Theater on the QNAP NAS, but although it cycles and completes the installation (and yes I have apps without digital signatures enable) the Emby Theater fails to launch and run. While Emby Server which is also labeled with and exclamation mark of missing a digital signature does run fine. So the issue remains in that I am trying and hopeful of getting Emby Theater to run on the QNAP NAS with the expectation that the "Tune In" add on will run correctly in it and be able to tune local channels as resulted in the the Emby Theater (Windows 10). In this manner, the QNAP NAS which is always on and scheduling and recording "Live TV" will also be able to schedule and record the radio channels through the "Tune In" add on.

Rolando1948

There is no error message from the QNAP NAS (TS-253Be) QTS Linux,  as is the case with Emby Theater, the other apps that do not have a digital signature do have a pop up window that indicates the apps version and installed date, but if "open" is selected in the desktop they bypass that pop up screen and just launch and run. While when run is selected for Emby Theater, it just goes to the pop up screen of version and date installed and nothing else happens. The Emby server that runs fine on the QNAP NAS is version (V4.7.6.O), while the Emby Theater that fails to run is version (3.0.15).

19 hours ago, Rolando1948 said:

Hello, any further ideas  and/or solutions that might help to get Emby Theater to run on my QNAP NAS (TS-253Be)?

Hi, we are looking into it. Thanks.

Rolando1948

Thank you for responding. I really, really, really, appreciate Emby. As previously mentioned, the Emby server and  Web app work flawlessly on my QNAP NAS, thus I have live TV "always on 24 hr. scheduling and recording". If we can get the "Tune In" add on, to work on the QNAP NAS, things would be ideal and I could not ask for much more. I have tried other options to address different issues, but Emby has resulted in the only application that addresses issues that are "Dead Ends" in other apps like "Plex", "TVHeadend", etc. BTW, since I also have Emby installed on my desktop (Windows 10), is that server redundantly trying to record my schedule recordings? If so, how do I configure EMBY to only schedule and record only on the QNAP NAS server. Thank you again.

• 2 weeks later...
Rolando1948

Today I updated the Emby server on my QNAP NAS and now the "tunein"  plugin runs and tunes the radio stations. For an instant I thought "Eureka", since I now had "tunein" running on my always on 24/7 QNAP NAS, but I was disappointed to find that contrary to the Emby Theater app on my Windows 10 desktop PC, which list all my local "AM" stations, while the "tunein" plugin app on the QNAP serve does not list any local "AM" stations at all. The whole objective of getting "tunein" working on the QNAP server is precisely being able to schedule the recording of a talk show on "AM" radio that airs every afternoon in a totally unattended and automated manner, which Emby Theater on my PC could do since all the local "AM" stations are listed in the Emby Theater "tunein" App, but unfortunately my desktop PC is not always on. Please advise.

• 1 month later...

BTW, since I also have Emby installed on my desktop (Windows 10), is that server redundantly trying to record my schedule recordings? 

Hi @Rolando1948 did you configure the DVR on the Windows Server to record? It depends on how you set it up but there's nothing that will automatically pull the settings from the QNAP server if that's what you're wondering.

On 10/31/2022 at 4:27 AM, Rolando1948 said:

Today I updated the Emby server on my QNAP NAS and now the "tunein"  plugin runs and tunes the radio stations. For an instant I thought "Eureka", since I now had "tunein" running on my always on 24/7 QNAP NAS, but I was disappointed to find that contrary to the Emby Theater app on my Windows 10 desktop PC, which list all my local "AM" stations, while the "tunein" plugin app on the QNAP serve does not list any local "AM" stations at all. The whole objective of getting "tunein" working on the QNAP server is precisely being able to schedule the recording of a talk show on "AM" radio that airs every afternoon in a totally unattended and automated manner, which Emby Theater on my PC could do since all the local "AM" stations are listed in the Emby Theater "tunein" App, but unfortunately my desktop PC is not always on. Please advise.

Does TuneIn on both servers show the same content now?

Rolando1948

Yes, local AM stations now appear on both servers. But, I find that in a great many stations a pop up message is displayed indicating that "No compatible streams are available..."

1 hour ago, Rolando1948 said:

Yes, local AM stations now appear on both servers. But, I find that in a great many stations a pop up message is displayed indicating that "No compatible streams are available..."

The last I looked at this what I found is that the TuneIn api sends back a lot of items that are only allowed to be played in the TuneIn app or their website. I didn't see an obvious way to filter them out.