Bug Report: Continue Playing

stephen_hill

stephen_hill

Hi

What I'm about to report may happen for other mobile devices/apps, but I currently have only observed this on iOS.

For a few days, a specific episode of a TV show would keep reappearing in the "Continue Watching" section at the same timestamp. I had already watched the episode, and future episodes. I would mark the episode as played, and remove it from Continue Watching. It would disappear, but eventually it would re-appear. At first I though there must be some sort of metadata/database bug going on.

Several days later I unlocked my iPad Mini which had been on charge in my office. The Emby app was open with the culprit episode paused at the timestamp that kept re-appearing in Continue Watching. I must have started watching the episode on may iPad, locked it, and continued watching it on another device.

What is the bug?

I don't think the iOS app (or any app) should report re-report it's current play position to the server. If the app has already reported 05:15 for S01E02, then it should not report this again to the server.

In addition, I think if a video is paused for over x (say 24 hours), then the video should be stopped.

Cheers
Stephen