A very simple question about recording two, or more, shows at the same

Gilgamesh_48

Gilgamesh_48

Well it is "maybe" a simple question.

I have an M3U tuner set up to watch and record Live TV. It works like a champ. This is the first time since I set up the Live TV section that I needed to record two show at once. So my question is:
If I setup to record two different shows in a single time slot what will happen?
(I have plenty of disk space and processing power)
1. Both recordings happen and work flawlessly.
2. Neither recording records because one M3U tuner cannot tune to two different channels at the same time.
3. Only one recording will happen because the tuner is in use when the second attempts to start.
4. Both recordings happen but the result is two files that are actually identical.
5. Both recordings happen but the files contain garbage.
6. Something I have not thought of happens.
7. None of the above. (Included for completeness)

The way an M3U tuner actually works would help with my understanding a lot but I am not sure how it works, exactly. As I see it there are two reasonable possibilities:
1. Each channel (stream) establishes its own connection to wherever the streams start.
2. The connection is streamed in such a way that only one stream can be active at any time.

I just want my recordings to go smoothly. ;)

HI, the server will try them both independently, so whether one fails will not affect the other.

3. Only one recording will happen because the tuner is in use when the second attempts to start.

That depends on what usage your provider allows.