Roku not playing the chosen audio track

frankmb

frankmb

I have an episode where the Emby roku app does play not the audio track I choose.

The file is weird in that there are multiple languages "Default" audio. See picture.

German is always played even if I select another language.

If I do a "Playback correction" then it fixes the problem.

Can the Emby app be modified to fix this?

I know this kind of problem can also occur with subtitle tracks:

20221010_191301_HDR.jpg

Edited by frankmb

pwhodges

Correct the file to remove the extra default settings using MKVToolnix, and I believe your problem will be resolved.

Paul

frankmb
11 minutes ago, pwhodges said:

Correct the file to remove the extra default settings using MKVToolnix, and I believe your problem will be resolved.

Paul

You're probably right.

However I think the roku app should just make the correct track selection even in this case. From the user perspective it just looks like the app is buggy as it is now as the user's choosen track is not being used.

Believe me the application is trying to do the right thing. But when there are more than one default the Roku decides that is enough and the first default it ran across gets the prize. It does this to avoid needless complications. If the file isn't ready for streaming it does this. The file is buggy, not the Roku.

The Roku is a streaming company with a streaming box. They cannot transcode. So if a file has 10 audio streams all set default they must decide how best to proceed. They decided. It isn't a bug. It is what their streaming box is made to do.

What you are asking is for us to make it so that if every single flag is default in the audio streams the Roku app disregards the playback method. This is something better left for the server to decide to do rather than the application. The app tells the server what the device supports. The server then decides how best to support that app on that device with playback. The Roku app cannot decide just to go its own way. This must be done server side

@Luke Is there a way to set a flag for the Roku when all audiostreams are set default to disable direct play of the container? This shouldn't be done app side should it?

The Playback Correction button solves this. When an item direct plays pressing the Playback Correction once will disable the container being direct played. Pressing it twice will stop copying the video stream and fully transcode. You should only need to press the button once. It is a container issue due to multiple audio streams set default in the header.

Edited by speechles