Update 4.7.8 messing with lg app

GokuTradeDevil

GokuTradeDevil

Hi, so i updated from 4.7.6 to 4.7.8 and looks like the server update is not compatible with the app for lg tv !

The Lg app is not showing what is set to show on the start menu and if i change something all gets messed up , my start menu is a disaster now showing librarys that i don't want to see and content i don't want to see in the start menu !

example : i set all the start menu in the web in user settings and works fine, when i enter to lg app is showing latest content from Library that i don't want to see and when i uncheck that library is messing all the settings of the start menu and all of this is happennig after the update !

NOW i updated to latest beta and i don't know how to get back to 4.7.6 , synology don't let me downgrade ! Thanks !

GokuTradeDevil

ok guys, problem solved, i unninstaled the package emby and i instaled fast the 4.7.6.0 and no more problems with the LG app 

Hope you can test this and solve it !  i don't trust emby backup system cause failed me twice and had to create all the users , but if i save emby server appdata and embyserver appconf i can restore all users and settings right ?

Hi, apologies for the disruption. This will be resolved as soon as the LG app is updated in the store, which we are currently working on.

4 minutes ago, GokuTradeDevil said:

ok guys, problem solved, i unninstaled the package emby and i instaled fast the 4.7.6.0 and no more problems with the LG app 

Hope you can test this and solve it !  i don't trust emby backup system cause failed me twice and had to create all the users , but if i save emby server appdata and embyserver appconf i can restore all users and settings right ?

Yes you can.

• Like 1

unisoft
1 hour ago, GokuTradeDevil said:

I use the new version and LG app 1.0.35. Workaround is to set the display preferences on the server dashboard for the user account used in Emby for LG. It will then show the menu as intended and save it.

GokuTradeDevil
22 hours ago, unisoft said:

I use the new version and LG app 1.0.35. Workaround is to set the display preferences on the server dashboard for the user account used in Emby for LG. It will then show the menu as intended and save it.

I made the display preferences on the server dashboard several times but when i log with lg app will mess all the preferences !

Luke said above LG app will need an update !

GokuTradeDevil

23 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, apologies for the disruption. This will be resolved as soon as the LG app is updated in the store, which we are currently working on.

By the way , can we get a beta test of the lg app into the https://repo.webosbrew.org/apps/ ?

I  promise i will report problems that you can solve before to submit the app to LG !

unisoft
1 hour ago, GokuTradeDevil said:

I made the display preferences on the server dashboard several times but when i log with lg app will mess all the preferences !

Luke said above LG app will need an update !

It does need an update to change those settings in the LG app. I can tell you that the workaround using the server side works, I am using it to resolve the issue. You have to remember to press save button after you change them though.

GokuTradeDevil
20 hours ago, unisoft said:

It does need an update to change those settings in the LG app. I can tell you that the workaround using the server side works, I am using it to resolve the issue. You have to remember to press save button after you change them though.

Hi, i don't see any save button , ca u post a picture to understand where you make those settings ? thanks

14 minutes ago, GokuTradeDevil said:

Hi, i don't see any save button , ca u post a picture to understand where you make those settings ? thanks

Hi there isn't one. Just make your changes and navigate to another screen.

Just now, GokuTradeDevil said:

I understand, i tried it several times , and is messing with me , what about posting beta lg app here https://repo.webosbrew.org/apps/

Hi, we are working on updating the app in the LG store. Hopefully it will be available soon. Thanks.

• Like 1

GokuTradeDevil
2 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, we are working on updating the app in the LG store. Hopefully it will be available soon. Thanks.

You don't want to give a try to that repo ? There is jellyfin , you can submit fast a beta !

GokuTradeDevil
1 minute ago, GokuTradeDevil said:

You don't want to give a try to that repo ? There is jellyfin , you can submit fast a beta !

And we can be some of us testing the app beta !

We'll take a look at it but you can also test newer changes with our hosted web app - http://app.emby.media

Or your built-in web app on your local server with the beta server. All LG apps are web based, so testing with the browser is nearly the same thing.

• Like 1

GokuTradeDevil
2 minutes ago, Luke said:

We'll take a look at it but you can also test newer changes with our hosted web app - http://app.emby.media

Or your built-in web app on your local server with the beta server. All LG apps are web based, so testing with the browser is nearly the same thing.

I understand , thanks for your time  !