Issue with identify - Scrapers

apefray

apefray

A couple of weeks ago  I noticed that emby wasn't identifying music that was added to the folder. I run all my music through through MusicBrainz before uploading it to Emby, which has worked fine for the past 5 years, but recently Emby has failed to display the album details or artwork. However, clicking on each individual item then scanning each album, immediately brought the album details and image up. I haven't added any music since, so cannot say if the scanning is working or not at the moment for music albums.

However, today I added a new TV series to emby, I can see the folder and all the seasons, but Emby isn't updating the details and artwork for this new folder. I have tried identifying manually via IMDB, TMDB and TVDB, but all I get is the spinning circle, then it stops after 30 secs or so, and doesn't add the shows details or artwork as it used too. I have checked the logs, and have found an error as attached (in particualr to IMDB).

2022-10-09 21:11:37.140 Error HttpClient: Error getting response from https://private.omdbapi.com?apikey=x_secret2_x&plot=full&r=json&i=tt0460627
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.7.6.0
	Command line: /system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /config -ffdetect /bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3
	Operating system: Linux version 5.15.46-Unraid (root@Develop) (gcc (GCC) 11.2.0, GNU ld version 2.37-slack15) #1 SMP Fri Jun 10 11:08:41 PDT 2022
	Framework: .NET 6.0.2
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 6
	Data path: /config
	Application path: /system
	System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: Name or service not known (private.omdbapi.com:443)
	 ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0xFFFDFFFF): Name or service not known
	   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.AwaitableSocketAsyncEventArgs.ThrowException(SocketError error, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.AwaitableSocketAsyncEventArgs.System.Threading.Tasks.Sources.IValueTaskSource.GetResult(Int16 token)
	   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.<ConnectAsync>g__WaitForConnectWithCancellation|277_0(AwaitableSocketAsyncEventArgs saea, ValueTask connectTask, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.ConnectToTcpHostAsync(String host, Int32 port, HttpRequestMessage initialRequest, Boolean async, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
	   at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.ConnectToTcpHostAsync(String host, Int32 port, HttpRequestMessage initialRequest, Boolean async, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.ConnectAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean async, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.CreateHttp11ConnectionAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean async, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.AddHttp11ConnectionAsync(HttpRequestMessage request)
	   at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCompletionSourceWithCancellation`1.WaitWithCancellationAsync(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.GetHttp11ConnectionAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean async, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.SendWithVersionDetectionAndRetryAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean async, Boolean doRequestAuth, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at System.Net.Http.DiagnosticsHandler.SendAsyncCore(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean async, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at System.Net.Http.RedirectHandler.SendAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean async, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at System.Net.Http.DecompressionHandler.SendAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean async, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at System.Net.Http.HttpClient.<SendAsync>g__Core|83_0(HttpRequestMessage request, HttpCompletionOption completionOption, CancellationTokenSource cts, Boolean disposeCts, CancellationTokenSource pendingRequestsCts, CancellationToken originalCancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsyncInternal(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
	Source: System.Net.Http
	TargetSite: Void MoveNext()
	InnerException: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Name or service not known
	Source: System.Net.Sockets
	TargetSite: Void ThrowException(System.Net.Sockets.SocketError, System.Threading.CancellationToken)
	   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.AwaitableSocketAsyncEventArgs.ThrowException(SocketError error, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.AwaitableSocketAsyncEventArgs.System.Threading.Tasks.Sources.IValueTaskSource.GetResult(Int16 token)
	   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.<ConnectAsync>g__WaitForConnectWithCancellation|277_0(AwaitableSocketAsyncEventArgs saea, ValueTask connectTask, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

Any ideas why this is happening all of a sudden, especially as it affects 3 of the scrapers at least? As I say, this has been working for the past 5 years without incident, so seems a little strange.

Hi @apefray looks like something is blocking the server's connection to Omdb. Typical causes of this are firewall, security software, or VPN. Can you look into those in your environment?

If you can't find anything then you may want to try updating to Emby Server 4.7.8. It's built with a newer version of the .NET runtime in case that might have an impact.