One device, multiple users

neik
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

I share my server with my parents and my sister living with them.

They currently use two FTV Stick's, one in the living room and one in my sister's room.

Device A for my parents user in the living room and device B for my sister in her room. Each device only has the correspondent user logged in.

Currently, two Premiere slots are used but what happens if my sister also logs in into Device A to watch stuff? Device A will then have two users logged in, does it count towards Premiere for each user logged in or is it only device dependent?

Had that in mind, thanks for confirming.

How can I set this up with the ATV app or Emby for Android for remote users without having to enter the PW (after first login) every time I wanna change a user?
I thought the user option "Hide this user from login screens on devices they've never signed into" was meant for this but I don't seem to be able to do what I wanna do.

1 hour ago, neik said:

Had that in mind, thanks for confirming.

How can I set this up with the ATV app or Emby for Android for remote users without having to enter the PW (after first login) every time I wanna change a user?
I thought the user option "Hide this user from login screens on devices they've never signed into" was meant for this but I don't seem to be able to do what I wanna do.

No, that's simply to do what it says and nothing more. Currently the apps only save credentials for one user at a time so they'd have to be reworked to do something like that.

10 minutes ago, Luke said:

No, that's simply to do what it says and nothing more. Currently the apps only save credentials for one user at a time so they'd have to be reworked to do something like that.

I'm surely overlooking something but I don't see the point of that option tbh.

Anyway, this basically means currently no Netflix like login is possible where I can switch between user accounts without having to enter the password every time, right?

9 minutes ago, neik said:

I'm surely overlooking something but I don't see the point of that option tbh.

To avoid displaying all users visually on login screens, which some don't want to do .

Anyway, this basically means currently no Netflix like login is possible where I can switch between user accounts without having to enter the password every time, right?

It's not quite the same concept. The profiles in netflix are all tied to the same user.

7 hours ago, Luke said:

It's not quite the same concept. The profiles in netflix are all tied to the same user.

What I'm describing is not possible though, right?

Is there an open FR for this?