Can't Play Media After Upgrade To Ubuntu Jammy Jellyfish 22.04.01 LTS

MartinCheetham

MartinCheetham

I am running Emby server version 4.7.8.0 on a QNAP NAS and Emby Theater 3.0.1.6 on Ubuntu (and several other devices).  All were working until the Ubuntu box was upgraded to 22.04.01 LTS (Jammy Jellyfish).  Now whenever I try to replay any media using Emby Theatre on the Ubuntu box I either get the No Compatible Steams message or Emby Theater hangs (this happens replaying a BluRay).  If I use the Web interface on the Ubuntu box everything works.  All other devices are working correctly.

This is probably not relevant but if I go into manage server in Emby Theatre on the Ubuntu box I see a message to restart the server to finish applying the updates.  It shows server version 4.7.6.0 (not 4.7.8.0).  I was seeing this message before the playback problem started.

embyserver.txt

Edited by CBers
Edited title to reflect the correct name of the Ubuntu release.

MartinCheetham

I have a small update to this:

1.Emby Theatre does display photos OK (it won't display home videos).

2. I don't think this is relevant but I disabled Wayland on Ubuntu 22.04.01 LTS as it was preventing automatic remote control using TeamViewer.

3. I upgraded Emby Theatre from version 4.7.7.0 to 4.7.8.0 after upgrading Ubuntu.  Emby Theatre 4.7.7.0 also was not working before I upgraded.

• 3 weeks later...
MartinCheetham

Hi - Is there nobody with any thoughts on this?  I have tried all sorts of things but still can't get movies to play on Emby Theatre on my Ubuntu box.  Please help!

MartinCheetham

OK - thank you.  If I can provide any more information please let me know.   Today I completely uninstalled Emby Theatre on my Ubuntu box and reinstalled it.  Same problem.

BTW - I think I have a similar problem with The Emby app on Apple TV (4K, 2nd Gen.).  Still trying things but it looks like it just hangs when trying to play videos (Music and Photos are OK).  It was working fine so now I'm wondering if the problem could be with the QNAP box.