Sync watch statuses to Trakt for group accounts

tOLJY

My wife and I both use Emby and have our own accounts. Works great when syncing to our own individual Trakt accounts. But we have a shared profile on Emby for shows we both watch, and I'd like to be able to sync those shows to both of our Trakt accounts. 

I tried doing this by finding the Trakt plugin's git repo and making some changes, hoping I'd make a pull request and go from there. Halfway done and I've realized the versions are different and I've been modifying the old source from before Emby was made premiere... I'd be happy to contribute this myself through the proper channels if it comes to that (11 years currently as a professional software engineer). My idea was to just map the Trakt settings for the "US" profile onto the individual profiles, so for every watch, it would iterate through the mapped users and then post the status update to trakt via their own credentials.

Does this sound like it might be a good idea? I can see many people in the same situation as this.

Thanks!

• Like 1

roaku

Seems like a plugin to map the users to the group account and sync the group account watch statuses to the mapped Emby user accounts would make more sense.

Then everything would be kept up to date, including the users' trakt accounts.

That's actually an even better idea, and much more achievable too. I've just gone and made up a script myself to catch the played events with webhooks and am then caling the api to mark played for those individual profiles. Works great. Even makes it easy when my wife drops off a show, I move it to my profile and it's already marked as watched for the episodes we've watched together. Thanks!

• Like 2

• 11 months later...
Underclass
On 10/9/2022 at 4:13 PM, tOLJY said:

That's actually an even better idea, and much more achievable too. I've just gone and made up a script myself to catch the played events with webhooks and am then caling the api to mark played for those individual profiles. Works great. Even makes it easy when my wife drops off a show, I move it to my profile and it's already marked as watched for the episodes we've watched together. Thanks!

Is there any chance you could share your script? This sounds pretty much exactly like what I need for my setup currently.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
Grxphxnx

I'm also interested in your script because this feature is what I'm looking for right now.