Hopefully a quick question!

Dt225

I've noticed some of my DTS files are playing in my Sony amplifier as PCM 2.0. I can't seem to find the pass through options in the emby app. Can someone explain (really simplistically) where they might be.

(LG TV, hdmi connections, synology server running emby)

Thanks!

David

I should add that truehd files and any files with subs freeze everything - ie nothing plays. But if I switch the files to 5.1 and switch off subs, all fine.

SamES

Does that model TV still support DTS?  LG dropped support at some stage (possibly 2020, so you may be OK)

Emby doesn't have a pass-through setting, it will do it by default if it is supported and the TV is set correctly.  Check that the TV settings have the correct output mode.

How is the TV connected to the receiver? via ARC, optical?

I think you will need to go through a specific example, with media info, etc

If it is freezing when you use TrueHD or subs (I suspect you mean PGS subs) then this probably means your server can't support transcoding the content as these formats aren't supported by the TV.  Again, you will need to go through a specific example.

embyserver.txt

Does this work? I think within the text file I'm attaching you can see me running Aliens as an example. It has a dts-hd ma file which seems to be "downgraded" to pcm 2.0.

I'll find a file with subs in a minute to show you in a separate file.

aliens.jpg

amp.jpg

amp2.jpg

And finally - here's "300" which takes an age to load and then stops a few seconds in. Hopefully I've done this right? I'm running the films on my TV and then going back to my computer to pull the server files from the windows interface. Apologies if I've misunderstood!

embyserver (2).txt

SamES

So a few things to check

Does the receiver and TV both support eARC? I don’t think you can do multichannel PCM over regular ARC?

Does the TV have the latest firmware?  There was an issue that was preventing PCM over eARC in some 2019 models

In the TV settings HDMI output, do you have  bitstream or PCM set?  I suspect you have PCM which should work with eARC and the updated firmware 

If you can’t get it to work, set the output to bitstream to allow the TV to do the decoding which then should work over standard ARC as you’re no longer trying to send a larger uncompressed signal  

I don’t think it’s the TV. Firmware up to date. When I switch it off auto to pcm it turns all of my film files to pcm 2.0. Ie even those that worked ok as 5.1 now become 2.0.

62865764-6259-4E65-8230-3AF651412811.jpeg

SamES

OK, so it's a 2018 model.  It supports DTS but not eARC.  That shouldn't be a problem, but it means that you must use bitstream (not PCM output)

I think you might need some assistance from other users who have their LG TV connected to a receiver.   I'm not sure why your receiver is only receiver PCM 2.0 when you have the hdmi output set to auto

@rbjtech

The C1 models no longer support DTS, which I expect is the issue in the post you have linked.

DTS shouldn’t be an issue for 2018 models (E8) so I think yours is a different problem.

Do you have on optical cable audio connected as well which might be confusing the system?

Do any DTS files work, or do they all have the same issue?

• 2 months later...