Hidden folders being displayed on LG 55in OLED, even to guests.

DonMilne

DonMilne

I have a problem that I noticed soon after installing the latest Emby Server update on a Synology 64bit NAS.

I have a library called "Home videos and photos". I do not want "Latest media" from this library to be displayed on a TV home screen (logged in as guest), as most of it is boring drone videos and some of it is embarassing.  So to be clear, I am happy for the main caption "Home Video" to appear so I can browse down, but I don't want stuff from that folder to be pushed to the idle TV viewer!

All this worked fine until soon after the latest update: 4.7.8.0.  Suddenly unwatched videos and photos from that library are being listed on the TV home screen in the "Latest media" section.  Now I could visit every video and mark it as watched, but I shouldn't have to do that. Also there is no way to mark photos as watched, so those just won't go away.

I tested this behaviour in a web browser (Edge, i.e. Chromium based), and in the browser this library can be successfully included or excluded from the latest media section.  No problem. However on the LG living room TV this exclusion is ignored and the media is always shown.

I also tested a smaller LG 32in TV in my bedroom, and it has the same problem.

As far as I know there has been no recent change to the LG Emby client app.

Please tell me how I can stop this happening!

Edited by DonMilne

Hi, apologies for the disruption. This will be resolved as soon as the LG app is updated in the store, which we are currently working on.

A temporary workaround could be to just restrict it from the user entirely.

DonMilne

Thanks for your response.

I need to be able to browse down into that folder from my main TV because that's the only TV in the house capable of showing drone video in full resolution. I also don't want that TV to  ever be signed in with admin access - so I would rather not make the change you suggest.

In the meantime I have marked every video clip as watched, and I moved all photos to an unmapped folder. Now I just have to remember not to partly watch any video.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
unisoft
On 10/10/2022 at 08:53, DonMilne said:

Thanks for your response.

I need to be able to browse down into that folder from my main TV because that's the only TV in the house capable of showing drone video in full resolution. I also don't want that TV to  ever be signed in with admin access - so I would rather not make the change you suggest.

In the meantime I have marked every video clip as watched, and I moved all photos to an unmapped folder. Now I just have to remember not to partly watch any video.

Setting the users profile options from the server dashboard under USERS fixed this for me. You normally set your home screen options in a client, but doing it server side works around the random changes made by the update.

I may have misunderstood, but I think you meant content was shown for latest content when it used to be unticked...

Edited by unisoft

DonMilne

I think you misunderstand. The server dashboard is set correctly, obviously I spent some time searching for overlooked or new settings. And it works for other clients, e.g. the web client in a browser works correctly. However the LG TV client does not work correctly: it displays content which is supposed to be hidden from guests.

On 10/22/2022 at 3:59 AM, DonMilne said:

I think you misunderstand. The server dashboard is set correctly, obviously I spent some time searching for overlooked or new settings. And it works for other clients, e.g. the web client in a browser works correctly. However the LG TV client does not work correctly: it displays content which is supposed to be hidden from guests.

Hi, yes this will be resolved as soon as the Emby LG app update is released. Thanks.

• 2 months later...

Emby for LG TV's 1.0.37 has been released. Stay tuned to the blog for the release announcement.

Can you please try out the new update and let us know how it compares? Thanks !

DonMilne

Yes thanks. I was coming here anyway to note that a new update to the LG Emby client app was pushed to me on both my LG WebOS TVs at home.  These client apps no longer present photos and video clips from my random junk folder to guest users as described above.  So everything works now. Thanks for the fix.

• Thanks 1