Media Browser on iPad

Htpc0
Go to solution Solved by darwindeeds,

• Solution
darwindeeds

I haven't started working on an iPad app actively yet. Just some rough wire frame on paper. My thought is that iPad will be a full blown client compared to iPhone because of the screen real estate. While the back-end layer can be reused from iPhone, the screen has be used wisely. For eg., tile layout can display far more information  compared to list. So there are a few design decisions that are being bounced around. I'm still waiting to get my new ipad so that the motivation kicks in :P Oct 22nd cant come sooner. 

I really appreciate that you love the iPhone app and you won't be disappointed when the ipad app comes out. 

In the meantime, it would mean a lot if you can leave a review in the appstore for the iphone app. It serves as a great boost for devs when their work is appreciated. 

Thanks

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...
Mickelin

If you haven't already, check out the Constellation XBMC companion app for ideas. Would be great to have something like that for Media Browser/MediaPortal!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
darwindeeds

Actively working on the iPad which I plan to make it Universal (so 2.0 for iPhone should follow soon after). I want to target mid April but things could change based on my work commitments. Should enter into alpha/beta in the next couple of weeks. 

In the meantime, I want to push out an update for the iPhone app. 

• Like 1

foghat

In the meantime, I want to push out an update for the iPhone app.

I want you to push this too. :)

Any new estimates on when it will happen?

Btw, universal app would be awesome. Can't wait!

darwindeeds

For the iPhone update, if there are no Chromecast bugs, I will submit to the appstore in the next couple of days. 

iPad - targeting mid april - iPhone 2.0 - maybe may. Pretty tentative but I just want to give you an idea. Doing it as parttime work so too many factors couple affect it. Nevertheless, I want have a much more polished app this time around.

• Like 1

darwindeeds

Awesome! The ffmpeg issue is keeping me from using right now. Can't wait.

Sorry about that. Should be fixed in the update. Plus it should much better with playback with the new custom video player.

foghat

Sorry about that. Should be fixed in the update. Plus it should much better with playback with the new custom video player.

Cool. In my testing I had noticed some playback issues in some cases, but did not mention it as I figured with the ffmpeg and movie duration display issues that it was probably related. .

Are you looking for any input for the 2.0 version in terms of design?

Edited by foghat

foghat

Actually. After looking at your ipad teaser pics again, all the issues I had from a UI perspective seem to be addressed - assuming the universal app has the same/similar layout on the iphone.

So, I don't really have any input at this point.

Edited by foghat