Table view row highlighting

TeamB

TeamB

server version : 4.7.8.0

I have noticed as I scroll down the list of movies in the new table view (selected form the ... when viewing a movies library) that the alternating row highlighted changes as I slowly scroll the list.

When not scrolling it looks ok but as you scroll this is very distracting as rows become highlighted and then not.

I have tested this in the latest Firefox, Edge and Chrome

Edited by TeamB

Yea that's due to the virtual scrolling, which is constantly re-rendering as you scroll, which can make alternating effects like this a challenge.

TeamB
34 minutes ago, Luke said:

Yea that's due to the virtual scrolling, which is constantly re-rendering as you scroll, which can make alternating effects like this a challenge.

so its not fixable?

I think I would prefer no highlighting if there is no fix.

I really don't think it's that bad. The highlight while scrolling is obviously not as smooth as it would be without virtual scrolling, but I don't think we're at the point where we have to just take it out. I think there are probably ways to try and make it less noticeable.

TeamB

its not that is is not "smooth" the problem is it is toggling which row is highlighted and when you are scrolling to find something it is very noticeable that the alternate row highlighting is toggling. This makes it hard to track a row as you are scrolling which is the whole point of alternate row highlighting in row based tables like this.