Adding/Copying Images from Windows Server to Android Server

Kookster

Kookster

Hello, I use an Nvidia Shield with emby server installed locally on the Shield and a 5-terabyte external drive connected to it via USB with my media on it. The Android browser on the Shield (Open Browser I believe) will not allow emby to use the 'browse' or 'drag and drop' feature in order to add artwork when emby cannot find any during scans. When I select the mentioned options nothing happens. I know it's going to be some kind of permissions issue or functionality issue with Android OS or the browser so I was wondering if the following would work...

As a work around I installed emby server on my pc, directed it to the media library that the Shield uses. The emby server pulled up my media just fine and I was able to add the missing artwork easily, however, it's only showing the newly added artwork on the pc, not on the Shield. What I want to do is copy whatever files I need to from the pc to the Shield so that it will have the new artwork as well. 

Is this work around possible? If so, which files on the pc hold the cached image files that I would need to copy over? Be advised each movie is in it's own folder, I use nfo for metadata and all images for that title are stored in the movie folder as well.

Thanks!

Hello Kookster,

** This is an auto reply **

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

Kookster

Tried it. Followed all directions and now all artwork is gone and in its place are film stills. Updated emby as there was a new version. No help there. Uninstalled/re-installed emby and now it won't let me select language on the first screen in setup. What a nightmare.

On 10/5/2022 at 2:05 PM, Kookster said:

Tried it. Followed all directions and now all artwork is gone and in its place are film stills. Updated emby as there was a new version. No help there. Uninstalled/re-installed emby and now it won't let me select language on the first screen in setup. What a nightmare.

Hi, what happens when you try to select a language?

Kookster

All drop down menus don't drop down so you can see the choices to select. I got passed them by hitting a letter key on the keyboard to get the selection I wanted. Example: for English language selection I click on it (nothing happens) then I type 'E' and then 'English' will populate.

On 10/7/2022 at 4:29 PM, Kookster said:

All drop down menus don't drop down so you can see the choices to select. I got passed them by hitting a letter key on the keyboard to get the selection I wanted. Example: for English language selection I click on it (nothing happens) then I type 'E' and then 'English' will populate.

Are you all set now or are you still having an issue?

Kookster

Drop down menus still don't work but I managed to get past them. Still have missing artwork too but I'll figure it out.

Sure would have been nice to just have my original request answered though rather than using the backup tool. That caused more problems than I had to start. Anyways, thanks.

Still have missing artwork too but I'll figure it out.

Can you please go over an example? Thanks.

Kookster

Basically it's just old tv shows that emby doesn't find artwork for. Example: The Flight of Dragons (80s cartoon). 

I manually add the IMDb info in the meta data settings, select refresh metadata but it never grabs the artwork.

The browser (open browser) on the Nvidia Shield doesn't allow me to 'browse' folders for artwork. That's why I added emby server to my PC. I use the PC browser (Microsoft Edge) to get the artwork added to the emby server on the PC. All works fine up to that point.

Then I just wanted to copy whatever folder contains the stored image files from my PC to the shield so the artwork would show up there. 

The backup tool doesn't work for me as the path to my media from my PC is a network path and the path for media on the shield is local (plugged into the shield).

I can fix the path manually in the emby library settings but when I do the artwork is replaced with film stills on almost everything after a scan for media is done.

I uninstall/reinstall emby on the shield, scan libraries, normal artwork is back but my original issue remains, no artwork for older titles like the one listed above.

19 minutes ago, Kookster said:

Basically it's just old tv shows that emby doesn't find artwork for. Example: The Flight of Dragons (80s cartoon). 

I manually add the IMDb info in the meta data settings, select refresh metadata but it never grabs the artwork.

The browser (open browser) on the Nvidia Shield doesn't allow me to 'browse' folders for artwork. That's why I added emby server to my PC. I use the PC browser (Microsoft Edge) to get the artwork added to the emby server on the PC. All works fine up to that point.

Then I just wanted to copy whatever folder contains the stored image files from my PC to the shield so the artwork would show up there. 

The backup tool doesn't work for me as the path to my media from my PC is a network path and the path for media on the shield is local (plugged into the shield).

I can fix the path manually in the emby library settings but when I do the artwork is replaced with film stills on almost everything after a scan for media is done.

I uninstall/reinstall emby on the shield, scan libraries, normal artwork is back but my original issue remains, no artwork for older titles like the one listed above.

Can you please provide the emby server log from when you tried to do that? Thanks.