Manually restoring server from backup

JustEric78
Go to solution Solved by Carlo,

JustEric78

Hello, I have copied my entire Emby server folder as I have read elsewhere and I have restored the server config from a backup. With that said, the below article to manually move items back into place seem to be in a slightly different folder structure ( I had a very old install, perhaps that is why). I wanted to validate before blindly copying everything over as the backup plugin stopped opening when I moved that plugin back into place. I am concerned if I moved everything else in I will be starting over. 

https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001159936-backup

Lastly, and I know this should be a separate topic but hoping the answer is straight forward. On the Coverart 4.0 plugin, what do I need to move back into place for the profile I had setup? The old plugins folder had a configurations folder and I noticed the new one does not, I assume that is just because I have not configured any of the plugins so should be good to just move that over, right?

Thanks in advance @cayars

Edit: Also, I had a webhook setup, where is that saved as it was not restored?

Edited by JustEric78

• Solution

Hi,

The folder layout is different depending on the OS Emby Server is installed on top of.
As long as you backup and restore on the same OS the key to getting a good manual backup is first shutting down Emby Server, then making a copy of the root Emby Server folder and everything under it, followed by re-starting Emby.

If you didn't stop the server before backing up the database files themselves are very suspect and shouldn't be relied on as the files would have been open at the time of backup.

Typically you'll find the config xml files for some of the plugins in the config directory.  For the Coverart plugin I would just reconfigure this one how you want it to look as it's going to have to process all your posters anyway.

Carlo

• Like 1