Neutron as Renderer

sputonthego

sputonthego

Hi All.

I have my media stored on a Synology NAS, Emby Server running on a Linux Mint server and I'm using the Emby app on an Android Oneplus 7T Pro to listen to the music.

All fine and well, all working, on my LAN and also if I'm away accessing using my mobile data. No issues there.

The problem is, if I want to choose Neutron as renderer (hey, it has great EQ options for my headphones and sounds amazing).

In Emby - Neturon shows up as one of the available renderers. And I can select it. But when I choose to play a track, nothing happens at all. No "player" bar appears along the bottom, nothing.

Neutron itself is idle, no activity there. It seems they're not talking to each other.

What am I doing wrong? Screenshots attached.

Regards

Steve V.

Screenshot_20221004-113136.jpg

Screenshot_20221004-113151.jpg

Screenshot_20221004-112953.jpg

sputonthego

The situation has changed Luke - now Emby is not displaying Neutron on the "Play On" window at all!

So I can't even select it. So, two logs attached - one from today, now that Neutron is "invisible".

And one from the 4th Oct, when I reported the issue, where Neutron is displayed, selected, but nothing will play on it.

embyserver.txt embyserver-63800524800.txt

2 hours ago, sputonthego said:

The situation has changed Luke - now Emby is not displaying Neutron on the "Play On" window at all!

So I can't even select it. So, two logs attached - one from today, now that Neutron is "invisible".

And one from the 4th Oct, when I reported the issue, where Neutron is displayed, selected, but nothing will play on it.

embyserver.txt 305.13 kB · 0 downloads embyserver-63800524800.txt 996.41 kB · 0 downloads

That's because the Neutron is refusing requests:

2022-10-06 07:27:08.699 Error HttpClient: Error getting response from http://192.168.1.18:49559/description.xml
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.7.8.0
	Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffdetect /opt/emby-server/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-deb_{version}_amd64.deb
	Operating system: Linux version 5.4.0-126-generic (buildd@lcy02-amd64-087) (gcc version 7.5.0 (Ubuntu 7.5.0-3ubuntu1~18.04)) #142~18.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Thu Sep 1 16:25:16
	Framework: .NET 6.0.8
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: opt/emby-server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 4
	Data path: /var/lib/emby

Maybe try rebooting it. 

sputonthego

Hi Luke -

I reinstalled Emby on my Synology NAS, instead of my main server. Slower, but at least Neutron becomes visible again!

See the latest attached log. A similar error message to what was seen previously. I can't help noticing that http://192.168.1.215:49562/description.xml is a local address.

Here's what I think might be happening, you can correct me where I'm wrong as I'm no expert:

• I'm at home when Emby Server is started, with my phone connected to my local wifi.
  • Emby gets address 192.168.1.215 for Neutron on my phone - a local address, because my phone is currently connected to my home wifi.
  • I head outside for a stroll - my phone disconnects from the Wifi and connects to my mobile data instead
  • I ensure Emby is connected to my home Emby Server on my home network, over the mobile data connection
  • I select a song to play - it plays OK
  • I then choose to "cast" it to Neutron on my phone
  • This fails because it is expecting to see Neutron on 192.168.1.215, and Neutron is no longer there.

Does that make sense?

embyserver.txt

OK, now I understand the problem. Currently DLNA is managed from Emby Server, not from the client device. That means the Dlna device needs to be on the same network as the server.

For now at least, although we will likely revamp this in future updates.

sputonthego

Many thanks Luke, yes that's what I was starting to guess at too.

It's a shame as this is a really nice product, but it's a deal breaker for me, so I'll be using something like Bubbleupnp meantime.

Please let me know when this feature is implemented, I will be back!