trakt.tv plugin "Update Trakt watched history during Scheduled Task"

frankmb

frankmb

I think the description of the "Update Trakt watched history during Scheduled Task" should be improved.

image.thumb.png.a61bef0c2dc6573362c9c6e7392cdf80.png

There are 2 Scheduled Tasks. However only one seems to send Emby watched history to trakt.

First I tried to run:

image.thumb.png.af6cd71720e16c28e9c7152175c638ac.png

However this did not update missing watched episodes on trakt.tv as I expected.

Then I ran:

image.thumb.png.863ad5d59d5d70e28c5fee184debea47.png

and this one did update the watched history on trakt.

Either both tasks should update watched history on trakt or the option should explain that the "Sync library to trakt.tv" is the one that is needed.

I guess another option would be to have a another Task that only updates the Watched history on trakt. 

roaku

One says that it will use trakt play states to update Emby play states.

The other says it will use Emby play states to update trakt play states

Both do what they say they will do.

Edited by roaku

There are 2 Scheduled Tasks. However only one seems to send Emby watched history to trakt.

First I tried to run:

image.thumb.png.af6cd71720e16c28e9c7152175c638ac.png

However this did not update missing watched episodes on trakt.tv as I expected.

Notice it says "from trakt". I think that part is clear, no? Are you saying you ran this and expected something to change on the trakt side?

frankmb

The option says:

"If checked, Emby will sync with Trakt scheduled tasks." That implies any and all Trakt Scheduled task.

So I ran the "Import playstates from Trakt.tv" taskt thinking that it would also send the watched states to trakt.tv.

frankmb
15 hours ago, roaku said:

One says that it will use trakt play states to update Emby play states.

Correct

The other says it will use Emby play states to update trakt play states

No. It says nothing about watched states.  I thought this meant adding shows and movies to Trakt's "Collection"

• 1 month later...
frankmb
8 hours ago, Luke said:

@frankmb

Hi, please try the 3.6.3 update to the Emby Trakt plugin and let us know how that compares. Thanks !

Hi. What was changed in the plugin?

I had trouble figuring out what I needed to do to send the Emby watched states to Trakt.

I don't see any improvement the 3.6.3 plugin text to figure out what to do.

3 hours ago, frankmb said:

Hi. What was changed in the plugin?

I had trouble figuring out what I needed to do to send the Emby watched states to Trakt.

I don't see any improvement the 3.6.3 plugin text to figure out what to do.

I had said that I would update the scheduled task descriptions to make them more clear. Are they more clear?

frankmb

They are a bit more clear but they still don't explain clearly how to send all playstates from Emby to Trakt.

"Sync library to trakt.tv" would be better named as "Export library to trakt.tv" I think.

"Adds any media that is in each users trakt monitored locations to their trakt.tv profile." Does this mean send the Emby library to the trakt "Collection" only? Or are the playstates also sent to the Trakt "History"?

I think the "Export library to trakt.tv" task should send both to the trakt "Collection" and to the trakt "History" by default.

I think the "Update Trakt watched history during Scheduled Task" setting should be "Update Trakt watched history during the "Export library to trakt.tvScheduled Task" to indicate which task needs to be run.

On 11/19/2022 at 4:02 PM, frankmb said:

They are a bit more clear but they still don't explain clearly how to send all playstates from Emby to Trakt.

"Sync library to trakt.tv" would be better named as "Export library to trakt.tv" I think.

"Adds any media that is in each users trakt monitored locations to their trakt.tv profile." Does this mean send the Emby library to the trakt "Collection" only? Or are the playstates also sent to the Trakt "History"?

I think the "Export library to trakt.tv" task should send both to the trakt "Collection" and to the trakt "History" by default.

I think the "Update Trakt watched history during Scheduled Task" setting should be "Update Trakt watched history during the "Export library to trakt.tvScheduled Task" to indicate which task needs to be run.

I will incorporate these suggestions. Thanks.