kodi addin issues since server upgraded to 4.7.8.0

Peakay
Go to solution Solved by Peakay,

Possibly complete coincidence, however the day that Emby server updated to v4.7.8.0, I started having issues with the Kodi add-ins. 
I was using Emby next gen, but sync stopped working and I wasn't seeing any new videos. 

I uninstalled and reinstalled next gen, however I was now unable to detect the server (located on the same machine).  I added it manually, but then it prompted for a username and password which I don't use.  I added the username of one of the 4 profiles with no password. this got me in, however now every time I want to change user, I have to manually type in the username with no password.  prior to the upgrade, I just chose the user from a list. 

I uninstalled Emby next gen and installed Emby connect, it behaves exactly the same now.  

as both add-ins display the same behaviour and the issues appeared the same day as the server upgrade, I thought I should start here.  I read the "how to post" and it does mention log files, but not which log files.  Let me know which logs are required if any.  

screenshot00001.png

Edited by Peakay
just fixing a copy paste problem

• Solution

hi, never mind, thanks for looking.  it's not you, it's me. choosing to use IP rather than hostname appears to have resolved this.  i did put a new router in around a month ago.  I'm thinking that i likely had something configured there but the emby server had the settings and was ok till it upgraded.  I have static IP configured for my media center on the router.  i will look into settings on router to see if anything further required there to allow resolving of hostname.  

• Thanks 1