Skip intro metadata location

IPDR01

Hi, I want to migrate the Emby Server from Windows to Ubuntu.

On windows I already scan all my library to identify tags for skipping intro, and I would like to avoid another scan on Ubuntu (very long time). Where are these metadata located? Is there a way backup and restore on the new server? On both servers, metadata are saved as NFO files.

Thanks

Hello IPDR01,

** This is an auto reply **

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

Hi, there's currently no way way to migrate this data although it's something we plan to add in future updates. Thanks.

Thank you for the answer.

But where are these data stored? In the library.db there is a table "ItemExtradata" that contains the typeId "IntroDetectionExtradata", but the field value is something like this: 1650961934. What does this represents? If I insert data from the old library into the new one (I still need to make ItemId match) can it maybe works?

Thanks

3 hours ago, IPDR01 said:

Thank you for the answer.

But where are these data stored? In the library.db there is a table "ItemExtradata" that contains the typeId "IntroDetectionExtradata", but the field value is something like this: 1650961934. What does this represents? If I insert data from the old library into the new one (I still need to make ItemId match) can it maybe works?

Thanks

That's only an indicator of nothing detected so that the server doesn't keep retrying over and over again for the same file. What you want is in the Chapters table, but be warned, we don't have a documented process for partially moving this data to a different server and we haven't tested this ourselves.

Happy2Play

I would assume the entire "Emby Data path:" then manually updating path changes in db tables and each library options.xml.

It would be some work but Chapter Api plugin has some options also.

Thank you, probably it is too work. But I found why the process was so slow (less than 1% in 24 hours). I look at the logs and I see a lot of exceptions:

"Error App: Error detecting markers" and then "System.TimeoutException: System.TimeoutException: Operation timed out after 600000ms".

So it was processing one episode every 10 minutes. What is this error? What can I do?

I attach the logs: I restarted the server, enabled debug log and restart the detect intro intros task.

Thanks

embyserver.txt

Hi, probably nothing. If it's taking that long then maybe it's not a good idea for your server? Or is this only a few files?

It seems with every file. But it does not make sense: the old server is 2GB ram and 1 core, this new one is 24GB ram and 6 core. The library is the same for both: media are on google drive, mounted with rclone

mounted with rclone

I think that explains it. This feature has to scan through portions of your video files. If you have slow disk I/O, it's going to take a very long time.

In future updates we'll have the ability for you to manually enter the intro start and end times. You may want to wait for that.