Audio and sub selected aren't the one playing

nodiaque

nodiaque

Hello, 

I have this problem on multiple audio files. When English isn't the default, even if I select English track, it will play the default track. Trying to change it during playback will change nothing. I have some with multiple language like 7 and I select German, it's in English. English is French, French is Italian, etc. 

I know the file info are correct for subs because when I watch on pc, if I select the French it play french, etc. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
nodiaque

Yeah sorry, I'm renovating right now so I'm not watching any movie, but I'll keep you posted for sure. 

edit: Just to say I haven't rewatch a movie yet. It's also not something that happen everytime so it might take some time.

Edited by nodiaque
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
nodiaque

Ok, I finally got it today again. Selected a movie that had 3 track, English, French VFI (default) and French. Selected English, started the movie and French VFI was playing. Clicked on the audio icon, it says English. Selected French VFI and it started playing in english. I've attached the log file for it.

Tried playing in VLC and French VDI is French, English is English so it's not a problem with audio track description.

Here's the file related to it:

https://servraid.duckdns.org/temp/asdf.mkv

embyserver.txt

On 30/01/2023 at 16:13, Luke said:

What version of webOS does this run?

This is webOS 4.

I can't reproduce this issue on my webOS 3.9 TV, but I can in the 4.0 emulator.  

If an audio track other than the first track is set as the default, it appears that the player is swapping the track order so that the default track is always first

In your example file, the French track is the second track, but it is marked as default, so the player has switched the order of tracks one and two.

If I change the default track using MkvToolnix header editor so that the first track is the default, then it plays fine.  If I change the default track back to French, then the problem returns.

@Luke, how do we fix this? In this case it is affect 4.0, but we can't really know if it affects newer models (older models appear to be OK). Do we need to reorder the tracks in the client so that the default track is always first?  That could get messy