Live TV Transcoding Size

brnogu

Hello Experts,

I have an emby server for some time that I use mostly to watch Live TV.

I noticed that the transcoding folder (currently on a disk with 50GB) grows until 0 bytes are left and Live TV stops working. Some of the times, the files were not even deleted after the application stopped playing.

Recently I have moved everything to a new environment and instead of using a Virtual Machine I'm using a LXC container on proxmox.

I was expecting to see some improvements but still, Live TV files grow a lot until they eat all the space. This happens even when I'm using Direct Play and nothing is being transcoded.

I have 2 questions:

• How is it possible that this grows indefinitely? Should old files be deleted so Live TV can keep playing?
  • What is the recommended size for the transcoding folder when I'm using Emby for Live TV?

Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

@brnogu currently yes, the live tv buffer will continue to grow until you either stop or it runs out of disk space.

This is something we plan to improve on and provide more control over so that it only keeps a certain amount around rather than allowing the disk to fill up.