Whats Happening to ET

Cheesegeezer

Cheesegeezer

It seems like all the eye candy is getting stripped out and there is no flare for UI asthestics or good looking interfaces anymore.

Firstly Posters are stripped from the details page, and now the simple yet good looking UserViews have been updated to what is the clunky tab view that is in the Config UI.

Please can you restore the old top userview menu.

I mean what on earth is this?

image.thumb.png.ccdcc9c7a6733f83f3ed4102291c0f7d.png

Hi, the layout of the horizontal home screen has been unified with the rest of the app so that it's not always falling so far behind on features. The fact that the header looks different is a side effect of that.

Cheesegeezer
11 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, the layout of the horizontal home screen has been unified with the rest of the app so that it's not always falling so far behind on features. The fact that the header looks different is a side effect of that.

Side Effect? Is that like the warnings on the side of a pill bottle? lol 😂 

oh well, thats just my view on the layout. Maybe others love it

arrbee99

I'm perfectly happy the posters on the details screens having gone, but if all the apps are supposed to be more or less the same, then they should be an option, like in ebr's ATV app, which I think has posters or logos or nothing.

It would also be nice if the text in the top menu actually fitted properly, but I think I prefer ebr's version of that top bit as well...

I'm probably talking about completely the wrong thing though.

9 minutes ago, arrbee99 said:

I'm perfectly happy the posters on the details screens having gone, but if all the apps are supposed to be more or less the same, then they should be an option, like in ebr's ATV app, which I think has posters or logos or nothing.

It would also be nice if the text in the top menu actually fitted properly, but I think I prefer ebr's version of that top bit as well...

I'm probably talking about completely the wrong thing though.

The current iteration of the header is apple TV inspired, which I thought you had gotten one of those now.

Cheesegeezer
5 hours ago, Luke said:

The current iteration of the header is apple TV inspired, which I thought you had gotten one of those now.

Nothing, in my eyes, should try to mimic what apple does. They are the worst UI devs IMO and just change stuff to no real benefit. They were pioneers at one time, but alas they have lost their way, but they did set the standard which is still being used today, so have to give them credit for that.

Apple are like the guy said in Tron: Legacy

“so what have you done this year to improve on encom OS 12?”

“Well… this year… we slapped a 12 on the box”

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

mitch2471

I'm afraid I agree with the cheesgeezers view's on the user view being a clunky tab bar. It was much sleeker before. 

• Like 2

Chillout

I personally like the ribbon bar. It lets me switch between the folders faster and forced me to re-prioritize the ones I use most often.

• Like 1

unisoft
On 01/10/2022 at 01:45, Cheesegeezer said:

It seems like all the eye candy is getting stripped out and there is no flare for UI asthestics or good looking interfaces anymore.

Firstly Posters are stripped from the details page, and now the simple yet good looking UserViews have been updated to what is the clunky tab view that is in the Config UI.

Please can you restore the old top userview menu.

I mean what on earth is this?

image.thumb.png.ccdcc9c7a6733f83f3ed4102291c0f7d.png

I like the bar but think the grey background colour in it might be better as black and on the home screen for horizontal view, would be better left justified as it was originally rather than centered as it lines up with focus of the first set of tiles which is primarily the focus.

mitch2471
20 hours ago, unisoft said:

I like the bar but think the grey background colour in it might be better as black and on the home screen for horizontal view, would be better left justified as it was originally rather than centered as it lines up with focus of the first set of tiles which is primarily the focus.

Yes it being centered on horizontal view is part of what makes it look so clunky.