Emby TV Android App Limited to 20 Items?

jalfrezi

Hi. Can anyone tell me how I can increase the number of items displaying under sections such as Continue Watching, Latest Movies, Latest TV Shows etc. At the moment I can only display twenty?  Thanks in advance.

Hi, I don't believe we currently have any options for this, but have you tried going into the main list of your movie library and sorting by date added?

Hi not sure if this will help. There should be 40 programmes under Continued Watching but only 20 will display. This is the same for all sections? Sorting will still only display 20 programmes in a different order wont it?

Hi. I have just installed the emby for Android and the correct number of entries are showing so it seems to be an issue with the emby TV app? Unfortunately I need the pass through options for my AV setup. Really hope someone can help on this. Thanks again

4 hours ago, jalfrezi said:

Hi. I have just installed the emby for Android and the correct number of entries are showing so it seems to be an issue with the emby TV app? Unfortunately I need the pass through options for my AV setup. Really hope someone can help on this. Thanks again

Hi, what passthrough option are you referring to?

FrostByte

The 3 passthrough options in ATV are the ones designed to disable passthrough of DTS, DTS-HD, and TrueHD.  Otherwise, by default the Shield passes them through even if your AVR doesn't support those codecs and the Shield automatically converts them to PCM 2.0.  This is good for people who plug their Shield into a TV that doesn't support DTS or TrueHD like Samsung and only have 2 channels.

However, in ATV if you uncheck those boxes that will disable the automatic passthrough of those codecs and allow the server to convert them to DD 5.1 instead the Shield converting them to PCM 2.0

This is the item on the list CBers was asking for because he has a soundbar which supports DD 5.1, but not DTS and DD 5.1 sounds better than PCM 2.0.

So, they are more like disable passthrough options rather than something that makes passthrough possible because passthrough is the default.

The standard app passes those codecs through no problem, but there is no way to disable passthrough yet so that you get DD 5.1 instead of PCM 2.0

Hi. I only installed the Android app to verify that there was an issue with ATV only displaying a maximum of twenty entries under each category and under the continue watching section there should be 38 enteries. Using the Android app is not an option because it doesn't offer passthrough for my AV system as far as I am aware? My question: is there any way to get the ATV app to display the correct number of entries because it seems to be restricted to 20? Sorry if I am confusing everyone.

7 minutes ago, jalfrezi said:

because it doesn't offer passthrough for my AV system as far as I am aware?

It should.  Have you tried it?

• Like 1

FrostByte
1 hour ago, jalfrezi said:

Using the Android app is not an option because it doesn't offer passthrough for my AV system as far as I am aware? 

Those aren't options for enabling passthrough though.  They are for disabling passthrough or not allowing passthrough which are enabled by default.  Your Shield will passthrough DTS whether your AVR supports it or not.  If your AVR doesn't support DTS it will then hardware convert it PCM 2.0

As ebr said the standard app should passthrough.  What it won't do is stop passthrough from happening because it doesn't have those options.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ebr said:

Hi. I only installed the Android app to verify that there was an issue with ATV only displaying a maximum of twenty entries under each category and under the continue watching section there should be 38 enteries. Using the Android app is not an option because it doesn't offer passthrough for my AV system as far as I am aware? My question: is there any way to get the ATV app to display the correct number of entries because it seems to be restricted to 20? Sorry if I am confusing everyone.

2 hours ago, ebr said:

I shall try. I have only used the ATV app to be honest but the restriction of 20 entries per category doesn't work for me but the Standard app doesn't have this restriction. Thanks everyone for your feedback

• 1 month later...
broncosaddict
On 9/30/2022 at 12:17 AM, Luke said:

Hi, I don't believe we currently have any options for this, but have you tried going into the main list of your movie library and sorting by date added?

I'm in the same boat. I am using chromecast with Google tv and all the rows are limited to 20 but I would like to increase it to 40 or 50.

Are you saying there is no way to change it?  (I wasn't sure if you were stating it or meant you weren't sure and would check)

Thanks!

jalfrezi

Hi. You are limited to 20 items. I use the mobile app to check things that I am watching because this app does not have the restriction but is simply not as user friendly for my set up using a keyboard. I then go back to the Android TV app. Wish it could be sorted tbh.

• 10 months later...

The android app offers this but is slow to load and search and not as user friendly as the TV app for my setup. It is a pain having to use the android app to see what you are watching and then going back to the TV app. I too wish this could be sorted soon

Yes I agree but I think the dev's have dropped the TV app in favour of the Android app but at the moment for me it is simply not as good with my setup and is geared more toward mobile devices.

Do you have a link to the Android app you use? I installed an Android app (not TV) via Aptoide on my FireTV, but i dont have a setting for that either. But the Android app looks way much better than the TV app 🥺

Edited by b3nZol

2 hours ago, b3nZol said:

Any plans to add a function to show more then 20 items? Or maybe adding a "show more" button?

Hi.  You can enter any library and see everything.  There are no limits.

40 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi.  You can enter any library and see everything.  There are no limits.

Yes. But you have to re-sort if you want to see per name or else. Thats not user friendly, as you could add "show XXX items on ..." also. And you have to get into you library. You cannot swipe right until there is a "more" button. There is nothing.

Or maybe you can offer it as a paid feature, just in case you dont see that this should be default in 2023. Devices can handle more than 20 items easily. Plex does not have any limit, or i stopped counting after about 100 items.

Edited by b3nZol

30 minutes ago, b3nZol said:

Yes. But you have to re-sort if you want to see per name or else. Thats not user friendly, as you could add "show XXX items on ..." also. And you have to get into you library. You cannot swipe right until there is a "more" button. There is nothing.

Or maybe you can offer it as a paid feature, just in case you dont see that this should be default in 2023. Devices can handle more than 20 items easily. Plex does not have any limit, or i stopped counting after about 100 items.

Hi.  Can you try sideloading our standard android app on the same device and see how that compares?  There is no limit on the home screen in that app.

https://emby.media/emby-for-android.html

Thanks.