Gotify Emby Plugin funktioniert nicht

taker1988
Go to solution Solved by taker1988,

taker1988

Hi,

wollte mir das Gotify Emby Plugin installieren. Ich habe es mit Putty in den Pluginsordner kopiert. Aber es taucht im der WebUI nicht auf. Ich glaube da sind die Rechte nun falsch gesetzt, weil es die einzigste Datei ist, die nicht den User "emby" zeigt, sondern root. Aber ich kann mich nun auch irren. ;)

Kann mir jemand sagen, wie ich da die Rechte richtig setze?

rechte.png

taker1988

Sure, i did. :)

I copied the *.dll with sudo cp /path/to/file/xxx.dll /plugins - now i guess the file can only be read by a root user? i think i need to set it, like the other files to "emby" user and those rights like shown in the picture above -rw-r--r--

but i dont know how i can do this. ^^

Edited by taker1988

Yea permissions:

2022-09-29 20:54:46.352 Error App: Error loading assembly /var/packages/EmbyServer/var/plugins/MediaBrowser.Plugins.GotifyNotifications.dll
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.7.6.0
	Command line: /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/packages/EmbyServer/var -ffdetect /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffprobe -nolocalportconfig -ignore_vaapi_enabled_flag -pidfile /var/packages/EmbyServer/var/EmbyServer.pid -defaultdirectory /volume1/Public -updatepackage emby-server-synology7_{version}_x86_64.spk -noautorunwebapp
	Operating system: Linux version 4.4.180+ (root@build2) (gcc version 8.5.0 (GCC) ) #42661 SMP Mon Jun 27 15:07:20 CST 2022
	Framework: .NET 6.0.2
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 4
	Data path: /var/packages/EmbyServer/var
	Application path: /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system
	System.UnauthorizedAccessException: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '/var/packages/EmbyServer/var/plugins/MediaBrowser.Plugins.GotifyNotifications.dll' is denied.

I haven't tried to do what you're doing, but you want to go through this process on that file:

taker1988

I already did that. Those read/write permissions are ok. All is fine with Emby. Just that one Plugin doesn`t work.

Maybe i can change the permission via SSH? For example with "chmod" or "chown"?

I think the only problem is that one file. The rest is working very well.

But I`m not sure. 😕

Edited by taker1988

Maybe i can change the permission via SSH? For example with "chmod" or "chown"?

I think the only problem is that one file. The rest is working very well.

Exactly, you might have to do that to change the permissions on that one file.

• Solution
taker1988

I got it. :)

sudo chown emby /volume1/@appdata/EmbyServer/plugins/MediaBrowser.Plugins.GotifyNotifications.dll
sudo chgrp emby /volume1/@appdata/EmbyServer/plugins/MediaBrowser.Plugins.GotifyNotifications.dll
sudo chmod 644 /volume1/@appdata/EmbyServer/plugins/MediaBrowser.Plugins.GotifyNotifications.dll

Now the file is in the right group, got the right permissions and its owned by the right user (?)

restarted the server and the plugin is showing up. :)

1.png

Edited by taker1988
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

taker1988
3 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

Great.  You beat me to it.  I was just about to reply.  Glad you got it working.

Thank you and Luke for those helping hands! :)

• Thanks 1