Nvidia Shield Server - Transcode Playback Stuttering/Freezing

stratumorien

stratumorien

Hi,

I have moved on from my Synology for the same reason as I am posting here... When playback requires transcoding it starts without issue but seems to slow over a few minutes and then begins to stutter and freeze often during playback. Attached are logs of this fresh, sideloaded install of the beta version downloaded yesterday. Also note that before installing I factory reset my shield so it should be like new out of the box.

Im just trying to find a stable emby server solution that does not require me to run it on my workstation

Thanks,

Brian

embyserver.txt ffmpeg-transcode-01d2ac39-28b2-45b9-b752-8d7434cffdb6_1.txt

stratumorien

Update:  I read in a previous post @Luke suggested trying the MS Edge browser.  I did this and playback appears to be much better; Im not sure how the browser affects transcoding performance or if my initial test was a fluke.

Attached are log from this "Edge" test

embyserver.txt ffmpeg-transcode-c9ef6fff-5586-422d-9ad1-196386534a10_1.txt

Happy2Play

@stratumorien I would try Emby Theater as it has more capabilities than a browser.

Emby Theater - Emby

As for the playback differences it looks like first test has a client playback limit of 7Mbps with both video and audio conversion and second was was not set with only video conversion do to supported audio track.