Subtitles are displayed until the next one appears

tonpan

Model: Samsung QE65Q70RATXZG and QE55Q70RATXZG
Firmware: 1401
Samsung Emby Version: 1.3.3
Emby Server Version: 4.7.6.0

Hello, first of all, thank you for your amazing work on Emby. I have now tested after about a year the Emby App on a Samsung 2019 TV (Q70R) - sideloaded from USB. Unfortunately, I have currently problem with subtitles.

1. I tried few files (H.265, H.264) and with all of them I experience the following problem -> the subtitles are displayed until the next one appears (5 seconds, 30 seconds etc.). The subtitles are SRT, integrated inside a MKV file. In the VLC are the subtitles displayed correctly with some time inbetween. I also tried to install Emby on other server and I also tried the previous Emby Samsung App 1.3.2 but the problem is still the same.

2. With 1 file (see media.png down there) I experience strange problem. The subtitles just flash. If I'll shuffle 20s forward and then back to about 00:00:05 (5-8 seconds after begining of the movie), the subtitles will start to work (but as desribed in the point 1 -> they are displayed too long).

I also tried Jellyfin Tizen App, which is almost like 3 years old Emby Tizen App, and there are working the Subtitles without any problem.

Thank you!

media.jpg

media.png

embyserver.txt hardware_detection-63797053917.txt

SamES

Hi, can you please send me a sample file for each issue via a link in PM?

I have tested this type of file many times before and have not seen this issue, and I don't think anyone else has reported it so I will need a sample that you know has the issues.

Thanks

SamES

@tonpan, do you know when the 1401 firmware was installed?  Did this problem start since then? 

Can you remember approximately when you first noticed this problem?

• 2 weeks later...
Marcus1305

I started having the same problem. Samsung Q70R Firmware version 1401. If I can contribute somehow let me know.

Edit: Everything is playing directly without any transcoding.

Edited by Marcus1305

2 hours ago, Marcus1305 said:

I started having the same problem. Samsung Q70R Firmware version 1401. If I can contribute somehow let me know.

Edit: Everything is playing directly without any transcoding.

Do you think this started after the firmware update?

Marcus1305

I have to admit I'm not sure, but it may have had an effect. I don't know exactly when the TV updated the firmware, because the updates are automatic

• 3 weeks later...