Feature Request: Group media/library types in Collections

stephen_hill

stephen_hill

Hi

I would like to request that, when viewing a collection, Emby groups items in the collection by their library type (Movie, TV Show, Music etc).

Currently all members in a collection are mixed together under one heading labeled "Items", as shown here:

image.png.1ec9fbee25d47089f0e20744d6822ca4.png

Here is a mock-up of how I think it would look:

image.png.83a7faa1e6469e5e5de3492aff19c899.png

As you can see above, the Alien Collection has both movies and sounds tracks, and so I think they should be grouped together.

Many Thanks

Stephen

• Like 5
  • Agree 3

Agree, and it used to be this way, but some change broke it and it was never added back. I've added this as a request for the Standard App. It's #50. The ATV app currently have this view, but the standard app and Web app doesn't.  

• 1 year later...
beckfield

I agree, this needs to be restored.  As it is, it's just a little too chaotic to be useful.

Riddler84

Yes, but no. This should be configurable at least. A simple counter-example would be a Marvel Cinematic Universe collection, where I pretty much want Movies and TV shows shown together, so I have them ordered in the correct timeline.

MBSki
1 minute ago, Riddler84 said:

Yes, but no. This should be configurable at least. A simple counter-example would be a Marvel Cinematic Universe collection, where I pretty much want Movies and TV shows shown together, so I have them ordered in the correct timeline.

This is better done with a playlist since episodes are split by movies. But, the Android TV app has it as an option that can be selected which is a good implementation so you can see it grouped or all together, it's the users choice.

Riddler84
2 minutes ago, MBSki said:

This is better done with a playlist since episodes are split by movies. But, the Android TV app has it as an option that can be selected which is a good implementation so you can see it grouped or all together, it's the users choice.

No, I don't think so. That's pretty much what collections are there for. If I want to create a Buffy/Angel watchlist to have all the episodes in the right order, then I would use a playlist. 

A collection like the MCU collection shouldn't even have episodes in it. Just the movies and the shows as single items. I also don't know what You mean with "episodes are split by movies".

MBSki
7 minutes ago, Riddler84 said:

If I want to create a Buffy/Angel watchlist to have all the episodes in the right order, then I would use a playlist. 

Yes, that's what I'm talking about. The only thing you have in the collection is the series not the episode, so it's just the premiere year that it can be ordered by.

9 minutes ago, Riddler84 said:

A collection like the MCU collection shouldn't even have episodes in it. Just the movies and the shows as single items.

Right, it wouldn't. 

10 minutes ago, Riddler84 said:

I also don't know what You mean with "episodes are split by movies".

There are movies that take place during the Agents of SHIELD show, but you can't show that in a collection, only in a playlist. For example, Infinity War takes place before Agents of SHIELD Season 5, episode 19. You can't show that in a collection.

Riddler84
51 minutes ago, MBSki said:

Yes, that's what I'm talking about. The only thing you have in the collection is the series not the episode, so it's just the premiere year that it can be ordered by.

Right, it wouldn't. 

There are movies that take place during the Agents of SHIELD show, but you can't show that in a collection, only in a playlist. For example, Infinity War takes place before Agents of SHIELD Season 5, episode 19. You can't show that in a collection.

Well, afaik Agents of Shield isn't officially part of the MCU canon, is it? So, it wouldn't show up there anyway. But I see what You mean.

Edited by Riddler84
  • Thanks 1