Switching between multiple servers

pentago
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

I have multiple Emby servers (one local on my Raspberry Pi 4 and one external on the web seedbox) called 1 and 2.

Did I understand well that when I'm loged in to all servers with the same Emby Connect, I should see the list of all servers here in this screenshot below?

1. I'm asking because with these multiple servers, I always see just one in the list when I click the User/Change server, not all of them.

2. Also, when I'm linking the user on both servers to Emby Connect via my email address, the email I get always says This account has been requested to link to the server 1. even though I just added server 2.

Why doesn't app.emby.media make differentiation between 2 completely separate servers on separate machines?

Screenshot_2022-09-25 11.10.59_rDohKZ.png

Happy2Play

@pentago A wild guess would be your seedbox not providing its info to Connect.  But server log would show more info.

But if you manually add the server info does it appear?

No, I used both manual and Connect, the same result with both.

I also thought it's some weird cookie issue thing and tried using incognito browser, still the same - no multiple servers in the list shown, no matter what I do.

Well sort of, I run Emby and other *arr apps via docker compose and I version config with Git. This conig also include the most of /config directory contents.

To create new Emby server on new box, I basically just clone the same Git repo and run from there and I just rename the new Emby server instance.

Is there somthing else I can do for Connect to see these as two different server instances and to show them both in the list?

Edited by pentago

• Solution
Happy2Play

@pentago sound like the same serverid on both servers then.  You can verify looking as the serverid in the url.

You need to delete the device.txt on one of the servers and restart it.  

The files is in /config/data folder.