H265/HEVC direct stream getting stuck on Sony Bravia A80J [logs sent]

GollyJer

GollyJer
  • Exactly what you were doing and what happened.  Include the name of whatever you played if it is a playback problem.
    Playing WeCrashed S01E06: Fortitude

• The time you sent the log (in Eastern Time please - UTC -5)
    11:50 AM Sep. 24th

• The name of the Emby user on the local server that was logged in at the time
    jeremy

I can't figure out why these file types lock up. They definitely Direct Play and the server is capable.
My only remaining variable is the hardware actually isn't capable.

Would love to get some help. Thanks!

wecrashed_directplay.thumb.jpg.954790c527486823a78cee898787e818.jpg

GollyJer

Read through some other topics here and noticed the normal response so I sideloaded the standard Android app. It has the same issue. 😕

GollyJer
5 hours ago, GollyJer said:

Read through some other topics here and noticed the normal response so I sideloaded the standard Android app. It has the same issue. 😕

@Luke  👆 🙃

GollyJer

Yes. It's only this show which has files that steam at 24.44 bit rate.

I could easily convert the files but I'm very curious why they don't play; which is why I sent in logs.

On 9/26/2022 at 3:46 AM, GollyJer said:

Yes. It's only this show which has files that steam at 24.44 bit rate.

I could easily convert the files but I'm very curious why they don't play; which is why I sent in logs.

Do files with a higher bit rate play? I gave up on my Sony Bravia awhile ago and just got an nVidia Shield because of similar issues. High bit rates just wouldn't play. 

• Like 1

GollyJer

@Luke

Empowering myself to troubleshoot is probably the best plan of attack since I haven't heard anything about the log files I sent in.

Do they get stored on the device or are they just emailed off and deleted? Any instructions on accessing them? Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
GollyJer

Still locks up.

I'm showing v2.0.83g. Is this the most recent?

Play Store isn't pushing a new version but also doesn't look like it's was updated recently.

GollyJer

Actually... I take it back. It's working much better! Only one failing file (which happen to be the first one I tested). A few others at 26 bitrate are playing without getting stuck. 💪

• Thanks 1