Add to Play Queue doesn't work as expected

bradford

Emby for Android 3.2.75

Server 4.7.6.0

In the app, I go to an episode and click "Add to Play Queue".

• What I expect: I expect the app to create a new temporary playlist with that single episode (if there is nothing in the play queue), otherwise to add it to the end of one that already exists.
  • What happens: It adds all the shows in the season/or show to the play queue.

I tried to reproduce this in Emby Theater or the web app, but there isn't a Play Queue that I can find. This would be great when I'm queuing up shows for my kids, but as a workaround I create a playlist.

2 hours ago, Luke said:

HI, are you remote controlling another device when you do this?

Actually yes, it was being cast to a Chromecast. I forgot the detail.

On 9/25/2022 at 3:19 AM, bradford said:

It looks like add to play queue is a feature only when casting? That would be a great feature to have available all the time.

For music it is always available, but for video it will stop the current video if you back out of it, although we may change that in future updates.

I think it really makes sense to always have the option to manage a play queue, whether you're casting or not. Consider this a feature request for that.

When it is available, is it supposed to add all the shows at once? I believe that is a bug. If it isn't, it really doesn't make sense to behave that way and I would like to request that it be fixed to behave as expected above.

8 hours ago, bradford said:

I think it really makes sense to always have the option to manage a play queue, whether you're casting or not. Consider this a feature request for that.

When it is available, is it supposed to add all the shows at once? I believe that is a bug. If it isn't, it really doesn't make sense to behave that way and I would like to request that it be fixed to behave as expected above.

When you'll queue an individual episode, it should only be that episode, so we'll need to adjust that.

• Like 1