Getting lost collections back

oceanclub

oceanclub

I was rearranging my folders and amalgamated multiple movies folders into one. One upshot of that was the that movies were removed from their collections. That was annoying but the worst bit is since some of the collection were now empty they have disappeared altogether. these were collections I put together myself with artwork etc. Is there a way of getting these (even the artwork) back??

P.

Hi, try using the emby web interface to recreate the collections. If you recreate the same ones, they may end up getting their old artwork back.

oceanclub
6 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

They might still linger in install-dir\programdata\metadata\collections, do check. 

The folders are all there. However each just contains a file collection.nfo, with the content "</collection">. The graphics files must be elsewhere?

Happy2Play

Collections come from item metadata now.  So every collection item has to have the <set> node.  So if you lost custom created collection, that means those items did not have this node.  And unfortunately you will have to recreate them as the old collections.xml with path in them are obsolete.

Old info may exist in /data/collections

Happy2Play
19 minutes ago, stephen_hill said:

I'm about to move my media to a new bigger drive, does this mean I will loose all my collections in the process?

Well the change to Collections was done for the exact reason.  To all media to be movied without affecting Collections.

But this assumes your update migrations happened correctly and item metadata was updated with <set> node.  If you write nfo files with media then you can check this in any item that belongs to a Collection nfo file.

So the Alien movie nfo will have this causing it to create and be part of the "Alien Collection".

<set tmdbcolid="8091">
    <name>Alien Collection</name>
  </set>

Now if you do not write nfo files they yes the collection will/could be lost as the database entry will be deleted when moved.

• Thanks 1