Emby not downloading Movie/TV posters

brypie

Sorry of this has been asked before...

I recently set up Ubuntu Server and Emby to work with my movies and tv shows.

Emby is accessing the files ok, but id not downloading any artwork - just shows generic white icons.

Can anyone help?

I can see a lot of errors and stack traces in the log file

embyserver.txt

Happy2Play

It is a matter for figuring out your platform security error for all external communications.

System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: The SSL connection could not be established, see inner exception.
 ---> System.Security.Authentication.AuthenticationException: Authentication failed, see inner exception.
 ---> Interop+OpenSsl+SslException: SSL Handshake failed with OpenSSL error - SSL_ERROR_SSL.
 ---> Interop+Crypto+OpenSslCryptographicException: error:0A0000BF:SSL routines::no protocols available

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, Luke said:

I don't think so because we're on .net 6 now, and this is armhf, not arm32.

just checking as it appears to be the exact same error and mentions arm64 on 6.0.2 having the same issue.

But also mentions bug fix in 6.0.5 so would this still be and in current stable release and possibly resolved in beta?

Just now, Happy2Play said:

just checking as it appears to be the exact same error and mentions arm64 on 6.0.2 having the same issue.

But also mentions bug fix in 6.0.5 so would this still be and in current stable release and possibly resolved in beta?

OK i didn't read the whole thing, but the beta is on an newer runtime version, so yes, @brypie could try that.

Not sure I followed all of that!! 🙂

Do you mean update Emby to a newer, beta version? I'm currently on 4.7.6.0

What's the correct procedure to move versions?

Happy2Play

Install over existing install.

But not it is not recommended to downgrade from beta to stable.

It works!

I downloaded and installed 4.8.0.8 beta and refreshed all the meta data for my collections.

It took a few minutes, but all of the TV shows and Movies are now showing all the correct images.

Thanks for the assistance! 🙂

Will Emby prompt me to go back to stable release when a newer version comes out?

alucryd

Glad you got it working with the beta, the next stable will use the same dotnet core version. However I wasn't able to reproduce here, stable arm64 works fine on my pi 3, and that corroborates what the above bug report is describing, only 32bit arm should fail. Not sure what affected you but I don't think it was the package's fault.

Happy2Play
51 minutes ago, brypie said:

Will Emby prompt me to go back to stable release when a newer version comes out?

No you will have to install the next stable release over current install to change back to the stable branch.

20 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

No you will have to install the next stable release over current install to change back to the stable branch.

Ok thanks - I'll keep my eyes open for the next stable release.

Thanks all for the help