Prevent PC from rebooting when a user is on from different device

davidsaylor

davidsaylor

I only have 1 PC in my home so I run emby on the same PC that I use. Everytime I get a windows update or any other kind of reason that I have to reboot my PC, I reboot it and forget that my dad is watching a movie from his TV in living room. Just something simple that prevents the PC from rebooting with a warning message like "Another user is using Emby from another device. Would you like to continue rebooting your PC?" sort of thing would be great.. tyvm!

Happy2Play

Devs will have to comment but don't believe Emby can stop the OS from Restarting.  Emby already prevents itself from restarting when not idle.

sydlexius
10 hours ago, davidsaylor said:

I only have 1 PC in my home so I run emby on the same PC that I use. Everytime I get a windows update or any other kind of reason that I have to reboot my PC, I reboot it and forget that my dad is watching a movie from his TV in living room. Just something simple that prevents the PC from rebooting with a warning message like "Another user is using Emby from another device. Would you like to continue rebooting your PC?" sort of thing would be great.. tyvm!

If you are running Windows 10 or higher, you can setup a schedule to apply Windows Updates.  One of the easiest ways is to go into the Windows Update Advanced Options, and configure "Active hours."  During the time window that you setup, Windows will not force a restart.  If you are looking for more advanced options to configure it, check out this article (it's fairly technical though).

11 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

Devs will have to comment but don't believe Emby can stop the OS from Restarting.  Emby already prevents itself from restarting when not idle.

We'll have to look into it, but I think you're probably right.