trying to get my gpu to work for emby

saltydude

saltydude

Hello, this is the first time I have posted in a forum so I am sorry if I get anything wrong or put anything in the wrong place . Feel free to move this post or whatever you what with it

I am currently following a guide to get docker and portainer up and running with my Nvidia GPU so I can put emby on and use the GPU for transcoding the specs of the build are

- AMD fx-6300 CPU (x86)

- 16Gb ddr3 ram

- Nvidia 980 Ti

- Toshiba Q300 500Gb SSD (to store omv on and other things that will run in docker)

- seagate 4Tb hdd

- PC is plugging into the modem via cable

This is the guide I have been following:

https://forum.openmediavault.org/index.php?thread/31206-how-to-setup-nvidia-in-plex-docker-for-hardware-transcoding/

It wasn't very clear for a linux noob like me but managed to find a few things that made it clearer so managed to get the nvidia drivers installed and Nvidia xconfig installed

https://forum.openmediavault.org/index.php?thread/43344-omv6-and-nvidia-gpu/

currently on a fresh build(omv 6 latest download as of 20/09/22)

Now though I am stuck on installing nvidia-smi

I have been at this for two days straight and just can't seem to figure it out

if someone can help getting docker or portainer to use my gpu with emby I would be eternally greatful

Thank you to everyone who reads

saltydude

UPDATE - Couldn't get it working no matter what I seemed to do. Decided to give unraid a try and it work perfectly so I will probably be sticking with emby on unraid and just a quick thanks for not sticking to just one platform and letting people choose what they want to have emby on.

having fun with it and cant wait to see what you add in the future saying that though I have one small request that I would like to see added to emby. Which is the ability to choose which metadata. e.g if I have a folder with tvdb as one of the site to collect metadata from. It doesnt mean that I have to use tvdb for the video next to it in the same folder for metadata. even just something like a checkbox next to where you put the metadata entry for that site would be good to just disable it for that video would be a big help because eve n locking the metadata didnt seem to work sometimes and just went back to the video it wasn't

but many thanks again

• Thanks 1