Bug? Audiobook resume/mark played missing

Natelanxon
Go to solution Solved by Natelanxon,

Natelanxon

Hey all. Premiere subscriber here. Is there a known bug where audiobooks don’t have playback positions remembered? 

I have a library of audiobooks and podcasts as MP3s. On the iOS app everything looks and plays fine but episodes or chapters never have positions saved. I’m playing files from the server (ie not downloaded to my device).

settings are minimum resume 1% and max 99%. Min duration is 1 second. 

resume works fine for videos, just not audio. The library is marked as audiobooks. I tried also as mixed content and music but that didn’t work any differently (I didn’t expect it to but thought I’d check).

Any thoughts?

thanks!

I find it's somewhat hit and miss. Some books emby will show the previous chapter as a resume point even though I've already listened to it. This seems to happen mostly with the ones from Graphic Audio. 

5 hours ago, lorac said:

I find it's somewhat hit and miss. Some books emby will show the previous chapter as a resume point even though I've already listened to it. This seems to happen mostly with the ones from Graphic Audio. 

@lorac 

Hi there, let's look at an example. Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. Thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • Solution
Natelanxon

Hi Luke. I wanted to circle back on this with a fix, as I managed to solve this.

In short, it seems the issue was caused by me having first created a Music library and pointed that at my Podcast/Audiobook drive folder. I’d then created an Audiobook library and pointed it at the same folder, which is where the problem arose. I deleted the original Music library in Emby, but that didn’t fix the issue.

It seems that I had to remove any libraries that referenced the folder with my podcasts and audiobooks in it, then create a new Audiobooks library. After that, it works fine.

TL;dr: Don’t re-use a folder that once had music in it for an Audiobook library. Create a new one with a new folder. 

• Thanks 1