Turn up the volume, make the volume louder

gsites

urn up the volume, make the volume louder

I use MiBox TVs The volume of other apps is very loud, netflix, amazon, disney, etc...

But, in emby the volume is very low, I need to leave it on maximum to hear a little.

How to increase the total overall volume of the emby, where to make this adjustment?

thanks

chrysler300

Hi!

Seems like this "problem"has been ongoing.

I have the same problem.I have used Kodi before and Kodi has an "Volumebooster"..increaser in the setting..and it works very well.

It make the speech louder.

The speech turn very clear and loud when using it.

is it possible to make this happen in Emby?I used Kodi before and turned to Emby cause it was "faster"and I could stop a movie and watch it on another place.

But now,somwtimes I´m back to Kodi..cause the "volume"is to low..cant hear the speech.

Have Emby done anything about this?anything I can try?It seems like many have this issue!

I do not transcode..just playing movies "as they are".

Can I do something to adjust the volume?anything at all?

On 9/22/2022 at 3:32 AM, chrysler300 said:

Hi!

Seems like this "problem"has been ongoing.

I have the same problem.I have used Kodi before and Kodi has an "Volumebooster"..increaser in the setting..and it works very well.

It make the speech louder.

The speech turn very clear and loud when using it.

is it possible to make this happen in Emby?I used Kodi before and turned to Emby cause it was "faster"and I could stop a movie and watch it on another place.

But now,somwtimes I´m back to Kodi..cause the "volume"is to low..cant hear the speech.

Have Emby done anything about this?anything I can try?It seems like many have this issue!

I do not transcode..just playing movies "as they are".

Can I do something to adjust the volume?anything at all?

@chrysler300 

Hi.  Can you try sideloading our standard android app on the same device and see how that compares?

https://emby.media/emby-for-android.html

Thanks.

18 minutes ago, chrysler300 said:

Hi again!

No,thanks!

Hi, we're happy to help. We're just looking for a little more information that can help us help you. Thanks.

chrysler300

Its the same problem that many have had over a period of year!"low volume"

Have not acually seen any solution,so far...!And no "settings"in Emby that could help.

Its easier to go back to a "player"that dont have this "issue"

But thanks for replying!

bandit8623
17 hours ago, chrysler300 said:

Its the same problem that many have had over a period of year!"low volume"

Have not acually seen any solution,so far...!And no "settings"in Emby that could help.

Its easier to go back to a "player"that dont have this "issue"

But thanks for replying!

is your audio being down converted?    if there is downmixing have you played with this setting?   this setting is a server setting under transcoding.

audio.png

Edited by bandit8623

Hi.  We have not discovered why some people have an issue with this when others don't.  None of my test systems have this problem when downmixing.  The volume is on par with other apps on the device.

chrysler300

Ok,just happy that there are alternatives! Problems on my old system,and the new one! But any other player sound fine and also streamingapp and any other app too!...Kodi,VLC...e.t.c

I will leave this at this point!

• 1 month later...
Mookdog

I have the same problem on Emby for ATV and Regular Android App. Very low volume. Even my uncle complains of low volume on his pc using Emby Theater
Its across the board just low. Tried it on a formuler gtv and a Shield TV both the same Volume low

Mook

chrysler300

We.. I sold my pretty large soundsystem ,Emby was good on that but I wanted some smaller system.So I bought Audio Pro speakers,..not good. So I returned them and bought a Soundbar,and kept two subwoofers...so that solved the problem! But again..Kodi,VLC they both sounded good...on all my systems.(Kodi has a spec. setting to adjust and VLC has an EQ that does it better,but I use Emby now,with the soundbar and woofers)

Edited by chrysler300

• 3 weeks later...
chrysler300

And now I bought a new TV,and it made it even better...but still, nothing beats KODI...regarding the speechvolume.

But it´s Ok!It`s manageable!

• 1 month later...

Why won't you simply include a "volume boost" not only during transcoding but in general ?  And make this optional with a warning that this could seriously impact the quality or even damage your sound system ?  Similar to VLC and whatnots....  I am a premium member because I like Emby, but seriously.....   this has been requested over and over and over again.... Just... include it into your clients....  Believe me - People WILL be happy. Thanks.

P.S. I am also seeing a low volume in some movies.... Of course I could turn the volume up on my soundsystem, but it is adjusted to be "ok" for everything else than Emby, so why should I touch it. BOOST OPTION PLZ!

23 hours ago, SoniC_1 said:

Why won't you simply include a "volume boost" not only during transcoding but in general ?  And make this optional with a warning that this could seriously impact the quality or even damage your sound system ?  Similar to VLC and whatnots....  I am a premium member because I like Emby, but seriously.....   this has been requested over and over and over again.... Just... include it into your clients....  Believe me - People WILL be happy. Thanks.

P.S. I am also seeing a low volume in some movies.... Of course I could turn the volume up on my soundsystem, but it is adjusted to be "ok" for everything else than Emby, so why should I touch it. BOOST OPTION PLZ!

Re: 

• 1 year later...
victor@vialy.com

Hi. Any news about this?

I have the same problem. Emby just have low volume on anything. 

Even on mp3 music played though the android app... Volume not as high as any other media proceder/app/source.

Tried direct play, all different players (firestick, Roku, Android tv and android stock)

Still, about 30% lower volume than Netflix, YouTube or any other app.