Clicking the Guide button brings up an Empty Info box that stays

FrostByte
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

FrostByte

Pressing in on the Channel List button while watching a movie brings up an empty Info box that never goes away unless you press Back/Return

The normal clicking down arrow on the remote brings up a working Info/Chapter box

• v 1.3.7
  • server 4.8.0.8
  • Samsung Q8FN (2018)

Steps

• Click Play on any movie
  • Press in on the Channel List button
  • The words Info, Chapter, Cast & Crew, etc stay until pressing return

image.thumb.jpeg.7c54dada61f77cea03b890f8d8a1cec7.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.a38222d5926f601423a75859034f5248.jpeg

• Like 2

FrostByte
9 minutes ago, Luke said:

I think that's probably the guide button, right? 

Yes, it brings up the tv guide when watching broadcast TV.  The Samsung's developer page I believe refers to it as the ChannelList function 10073.  But it's the tv guide button

This button causes problems in other screens also.  When playing music it makes the whole screen unusable and causes things to shift up.

7 hours ago, Luke said:

I think that's probably the guide button, right? 

Yea, generally this is the guide button. I can test this and also a full remote that has both buttons

• Like 1

Dickydodah!

The channel up and down, which is the same button displays strange behaviour as well. I'm not sure but it seems to jump to the next episode in the series which is very confusing.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Dickydodah! said:

The channel up and down, which is the same button displays strange behaviour as well. I'm not sure but it seems to jump to the next episode in the series which is very confusing.

Yes, I can confirm that channel up/down is activating next/previous track. 

19 hours ago, FrostByte said:

Pressing in on the Channel List button while watching a movie brings up an empty Info box that never goes away unless you press Back/Return

The normal clicking down arrow on the remote brings up a working Info/Chapter box

I suspect you don't have a tuner, so no LiveTV function however this is still trying to display the guide

FrostByte

52 minutes ago, Dickydodah! said:

It's the same as clicking |< or >| on the OSD.  In shows it skips to next episode and when playing music, it skips to the next track.  I don't normally use it in shows as I use the screen popup, but in music it's really the only way to skip tracks without backing out first.

FrostByte
3 minutes ago, SamES said:

I suspect you don't have a tuner, so no LiveTV function however this is still trying to display the guide

Correct, no tuner.  I use a hotspot for Internet as I'm living in the boonies :)

If you can disable it when LiveTV isn't enabled, or when not on the LiveTV tab, or especially when playing media that would be great.  Accidently clicking it when watching movies or listening to music causes issues.

• Thanks 1

Dickydodah!

I do have a tuner and I get the same result as initially reported if the user doesn't have access to live TV but it works as expected if they do. However looking at live TV when watching "recorded" content seems strange if this is removed when not on the Live TV tab it would make more sense. The skipping to the next track makes sense for music as you can see what is happening but in TV shows it's just confusing as there is no visual clue as to what just happend. It doesn't do this in movie libraries BTW.

• Thanks 1

FrostByte

It looks like the guide button is disabled for non LiveTV users in 1.3.8.  Thanks

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1