0.9.556: TypeError: coercing to Unicode: need string or buffer, NoneType found

LehighBri

LehighBri
On 0.9.556 on my rpi, I get the following exception when I navigate to TV or when I go something like "Next Episodes".  I never had any issues before so not sure what's going on here.

20:56:50 T:3059585024   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogBusy.xml) ------

20:56:55 T:2828440656  NOTICE: ===== XBMB3C START =====

20:56:55 T:2828440656  NOTICE: XBMB3C -> running Python: sys.version_info(major=2, minor=7, micro=3, releaselevel='final', serial=0)

20:56:55 T:2828440656  NOTICE: XBMB3C -> running XBMB3C: 0.9.556

20:56:55 T:2828440656  NOTICE: 13.2 Git:0f3db05

20:56:55 T:2828440656  NOTICE: XBMB3C -> Platform: Linux/RPi

20:56:55 T:2828440656  NOTICE: XBMB3C -> LogLevel:  0

20:56:55 T:2828440656   DEBUG: LocalizeStrings: no strings.po file exist at /storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.xbmb3c/resources/language/English, fallback to strings.xml

20:56:55 T:2828440656  NOTICE: XBMB3C 0 -> Version : 13.2 - {u'major': 13, u'tag': u'stable', u'minor': 2, u'revision': u'0f3db05'}

20:56:55 T:2828440656   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--

- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!

Error Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>

Error Contents: coercing to Unicode: need string or buffer, NoneType found

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.xbmb3c/default.py", line 2879, in <module>

getContent(param_url)

File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.xbmb3c/default.py", line 1382, in getContent

dirItems = processDirectory(url, result, progress)

File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.xbmb3c/default.py", line 1653, in processDirectory

'small_poster' : downloadUtils.getArtwork(item, "Primary2","0",True) ,

File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.xbmb3c/resources/lib/DownloadUtils.py", line 144, in getArtwork

seriesJsonData = self.downloadUrl("http://" + mb3Host + ":" + mb3Port + "/mediabrowser/Users/" + userid + "/Items/" + id + "?format=json", suppress=False, popup=1 )

TypeError: coercing to Unicode: need string or buffer, NoneType found

-->End of Python script error report<--

20:56:55 T:3059585024   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogKaiToast.xml) ------

xnappo

Yes - I am trying to get the repo back under control.  We are going to move to a stable/beta repo setup - but I am trying to make sure I get the stable stable first :D

I think I will push this change since it has affected two people, but after that we are going to start asking brave souls to help with the beta repo so problems like this don't sneak in.  Even with good testing this one is nasty as it will not occur with all collections.

xnappo

LehighBri

Yes - I am trying to get the repo back under control.  We are going to move to a stable/beta repo setup - but I am trying to make sure I get the stable stable first :D

I think I will push this change since it has affected two people, but after that we are going to start asking brave souls to help with the beta repo so problems like this don't sneak in.  Even with good testing this one is nasty as it will not occur with all collections.

xnappo

Great.  And I'm happy to continue beta testing... no worries there (and I certainly know things won't always be stable, etc).

Angelblue05

xnappo

I don't mind being a beta tester...I seem to encounter a really good portion of the glitches so far, haha :)

• Like 1