"Leonardo" Series on The CW Will Not Record

TheGrimKeeper

TheGrimKeeper

There's a series on the CW in the U.S. currently called "Leonardo".  I set Emby to record the series, and it got the first two episodes (airs each week) back in August.  But after that, none of the episodes have recorded.

I didn't notice that it missed Episode 3 until after the fact.  For Episode 4, I saw in the guide that the episode was marked as "will not record".  I turned off everything I could think of in the series settings (only this channel -> any channel, disable only new episodes, disable already in library, etc.) but it still said it will not record.  So I manually told it to record the episode, and the guide confirmed that it would record.  Except it didn't.  I did the same thing with Episode 5 (manually told it to record), and even confirmed in the morning that the episode was set to air that the guide indicated this would be recorded, and it did.  But again, the episode did not record.

There's nothing in the logs about why this episode didn't record.  The last log entry for this episode was when the guide updated about a half hour earlier, and it indicated:

"2022-09-13 19:29:53.096 Info LiveTV: Creating recording timer for c214f48771e22ce711648dc550b3e75e, Leonardo. Timer will fire in 28.11506142 minutes"

And that's it - no recording, no timer fired message in the logs, and nothing about an error that I can find as to why the timer didn't fire.

All other recordings are working fine, including other shows on this channel, so this isn't a problem with the tuner or the recording service that I can see.  For some reason Emby just doesn't seem to like this series.  Is there anything else I can check to figure out what is happening here?

What Leonardo episodes do you already have in your library? Do you have the series option checked to not record episodes that are already in the library?

TheGrimKeeper
2 hours ago, Luke said:

What Leonardo episodes do you already have in your library? Do you have the series option checked to not record episodes that are already in the library?

The first two episodes of the series recorded normally; the following three have all failed to record for no apparent reason.  Screenshot attached showing the two successful recordings in the library.

After episode 3 failed I changed the series settings to recorded all episodes, any time, but episodes 4 and 5 both failed to record even after I manually marked them to record (because they were originally marked as "will not record" despite the altered series settings).  Screenshot of series settings also attached.

FWIW the series settings show that the next two episodes (6 and 7) are scheduled to record.  The next one airs on 9/20, so we'll see what happens.

Episodes.JPG

Series Settings.JPG

TheGrimKeeper

Just to update this topic:

1. Good news, the sixth episode of Leonardo, which aired last night, was recorded via the season pass without intervention.  That is, I didn't need to manually tell Emby to record the episode, it was automatically flagged as "Will Record" and the recording was completed as scheduled.  No idea what changed here, but glad this is working again.
  2. Bad-ish news, I saw this same behavior with another new series.  This one is "Monarch" on Fox, so different channel.  This series premiered last week, and I selected Record Series from the guide last week.  That set Episode 1 as Will Record, and the recording completed successfully.  But for Episode 2, scheduled to air last night, it was marked as "Will Not Record" in the guide.  Initially I manually hit record, and it was then flagged to record, but when I went into the series settings to make them less restrictive (same as the Leonardo settings screen shot in the previous message), it changed the episode back to Will Not Record!  So I canceled the season pass, exited the guide, reloaded the guide and clicked Record Series again, and at that point the episode was flagged as Will Record, and the recording also completed successfully.

The reason I marked #2 as bad-ish news even though I got the recording is this shouldn't be happening at all, let alone for multiple new series, so this isn't a good sign and isn't giving me confidence in Emby's ability to capture my desired recordings.  I still have no idea what might be happening here.

• 2 weeks later...
TheGrimKeeper
19 hours ago, Luke said:

are you still running into this?

No, the remaining Leonardo episodes of the season have been recording normally since the sixth episode, and Monarch has also been recording normally since I canceled and re-selected the season pass.  I still don't know why any of this started happening in the first place, but I am glad things seem to be back to normal.

• Thanks 1