No Compatible streams are currently available

needbrew99

needbrew99

I keep getting the error when trying to playback livetv streams. I can play the stream through a different app and the stream appears fine.  But in EMBY I keep getting the error.

I think these are the relevant log lines

embyserver_log.txt

Hi, your provider is sending back a 404 not found response. You may want to run the refresh guide scheduled task in emby server in case the data is out of date. Please let us know if that helps. Thanks.

needbrew99

I had done a refresh guide and it still is not working.  I am not sure what the difference is as the windows app is using the same url and can play it fine.  

EODCrafter
2 hours ago, needbrew99 said:

I had done a refresh guide and it still is not working.  I am not sure what the difference is as the windows app is using the same url and can play it fine.  

Some Providers block media players to keep you from "sharing" their streams.

You could try a user-agent "VLC" to see if that helps.

image.png.d2a63deb766619d9737d87411d6366d2.png

Edited by EODCrafter

13 hours ago, needbrew99 said:

Are you sure that's consistent? It might have been coincidental. Can you try both apps one right after the other and see if that result is still the same? Try the Windows app last. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
needbrew99

Have tried both and the issue is still occurring.  I was watching a channel and it was working fine.  exited that channel and went to another and when I tried to go back to the first channel the NO Compatible streams was occurring and the Windows App was working fine.

• 2 weeks later...
needbrew99

I am.  I am not sure what is the difference in the streams, but it may be something to do with the source format?  trying to see what the actual stream is encoded as.  is there a way to do that?

On 10/10/2022 at 5:04 AM, needbrew99 said:

I am.  I am not sure what is the difference in the streams, but it may be something to do with the source format?  trying to see what the actual stream is encoded as.  is there a way to do that?

HI, was there an ffmpeg log generated ever when trying to play? If so then that would provide some detail, however it looks to me like the request is being blocked by the provider.

What exactly did you try for user agent and referrer? I think you're going to have to play with those to disguise the server.