Collections not showing inside my movie lists

Emxynet
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

• Solution
Happy2Play

Not a client user but believe all clients have a "Group items into collections" option per library and don't believe this is a global setting but a per client setting.

Thanks for the quick reply. The option wasn't appearing for me at first but now it is. I'm trialing the Android client right now and I like it but the cost might be a bit prohibitive. I'm not interested in Live TV and stuff. I just wanted to play my local stuff like I did with Kodi and the Zidoo HT manager.

8 minutes ago, Luke said:

@Emxynet has this helped?

Hi Luke

I believe I marked @Happy2Play's answer as the solution. I may have had a filter on or something like that which is why the collections option wasn't showing up. Thank you all for the help :)

If you are talking about the feature matrix then I'm a little annoyed to maybe pay for many features I don't want. All I want is to be able to play more local files like Kodi and Plex. I don't want or need the Live TV stuff but I guess this is part of your value proposition. It's a shame because having the Android client would allow me to import my whole library into Emby. Without that I am just importing a single share to run on Windows via the web browser. The Android web browser on a Zidoo does not work as well.

Edited by Emxynet

2 hours ago, Emxynet said:

Hi Luke

I believe I marked @Happy2Play's answer as the solution. I may have had a filter on or something like that which is why the collections option wasn't showing up. Thank you all for the help :)

If you are talking about the feature matrix then I'm a little annoyed to maybe pay for many features I don't want. All I want is to be able to play more local files like Kodi and Plex. I don't want or need the Live TV stuff but I guess this is part of your value proposition. It's a shame because having the Android client would allow me to import my whole library into Emby. Without that I am just importing a single share to run on Windows via the web browser. The Android web browser on a Zidoo does not work as well.

Hi, can't you run our Android app on the Zidoo box?

Hi Luke Yes I can run it on my Zidoo, but after the trial ends I won't have an Android client so it's not worth moving my whole library across. That's a pity because I would have used Emby to replace my Zidoo media library.

This is second my second attempt to install Emby and I finally got it working after finding a missing piece of information about the  Emby system user account and how to set it up on the Synology NAS. Speaking of which, there is an issue with the latest version of Emby not installing on the Sinology DS414 (DSM7.1) but I have another post on here about that.

Edited by Emxynet

17 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, can't you run our Android app on the Zidoo box?

Hi again. Just wandering is this thread is somehow partially locked because I was not able to edit my previous post? Anyway to be honest the more I use Emby, the more I like it :)

FrostByte
39 minutes ago, Emxynet said:

Hi again. Just wandering is this thread is somehow partially locked because I was not able to edit my previous post? Anyway to be honest the more I use Emby, the more I like it :)

I believe it's a forum setting you only have so much time to edit an old post.  This prevents confusion once others start reading your posts.  Best to just create a new post like you did.

BTW which Zidoo do you have?  I like the Z1000 Pro, but may hold out hoping for something new with dual hevc decoders.

1 hour ago, FrostByte said:

I believe it's a forum setting you only have so much time to edit an old post.  This prevents confusion once others start reading your posts.  Best to just create a new post like you did.

BTW which Zidoo do you have?  I like the Z1000 Pro, but may hold out hoping for something new with dual hevc decoders.

I have the z1000 pro and the only real issue is that the blu-ray menu reading is not reliable. Other than that it is great and it is my main media viewer. That's why I would love to be able to use Emby on there in place of the built in library. Also as I said, I really am liking Emby more and more, but I don't think enough to pay what is probably a fair price, just a little too rich for my blood :)

Edited by Emxynet