Problem with tv show "now watching"

Henkmeister
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

Henkmeister

When I watch few episodes of a tv show for some reason there are many of those that show as "continue watching" even tho I have been watching them till the end (where app asks to start the next episode). What is wrong with my settings or is this a bug?

• Solution
30 minutes ago, Henkmeister said:

till the end (where app asks to start the next episode).

Hi.  That would not necessarily be "the end" depending on your resume settings for that library.  What happens if you really allow it to play to the end and continue automatically?

• Thanks 1

DreamSeason
1 hour ago, Henkmeister said:

I changed the resume settings. Let's see if this works.

Hi, are you implying you changed "Max resume percentage" setting to a smaller value?

21 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  That would not necessarily be "the end" depending on your resume settings for that library.  What happens if you really allow it to play to the end and continue automatically?

Hi, ebr. I'd like to know if emby can mark current episode fully played when we press the next episode button manually rather than remembering current episode played at 90% or somethign like that.

35 minutes ago, DreamSeason said:

Hi, ebr. I'd like to know if emby can mark current episode fully played when we press the next episode button manually rather than remembering current episode played at 90% or somethign like that.

That's an interesting idea.... not sure.

DreamSeason
4 minutes ago, ebr said:

That's an interesting idea.... not sure.

It's almost an instinct. The only reason I could think of that one would press next episode button would be he's sure that this episode is finished. Probably we can have a setting for this at least? BTW, I've followed the "outro detection" progress. But it seems it won't be there any time soon. So, the next episode "one more thing" would be a temporary fix for that missing outro detection. And it's quite easy to implement this feature.  :D 

4 hours ago, DreamSeason said:

Hi, are you implying you changed "Max resume percentage" setting to a smaller value?

Hi, yes from a glance this seems like it would make sense.

Yeah, I agree.  Pressing that button is the functional equivalent of fast forwarding all the way to the end of that item so should be treated as such.

DreamSeason
15 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, yes from a glance this seems like it would make sense.

15 hours ago, ebr said:

Yeah, I agree.  Pressing that button is the functional equivalent of fast forwarding all the way to the end of that item so should be treated as such.

If we all agree on that, when will it come to life? :D  I'm currently using Android TV version.

• Thanks 1