Can't use admin panel anymore

rtcheeks
Go to solution Solved by rtcheeks,

It's like my account doesn't have admin privileges. When I click the gear it drops down a menu and there's no way to get to the dashboard. I attached a log that has an error. The policy.xml files that the error refers to are accessible by the emby user and both of them have the root element and neither of them are the administrator. I attached them too. Earlier I had an issue where no one could log in, but that was caused by the server running out of disk space. Once I fixed that by deleting a big file, this problem started happening. How should I fix it?

I am running version 4.7.6.0 on arch linux from the community repo.

embylog.txt

48046a6671fa42eda185371130798a4e-policy.xml 7ef2b61cb95d4f2a995d490e88857891-policy.xml

Edited by rtcheeks

Happy2Play

If these are your only 2 users, then you will have to shut down Emby and change one <IsAdministrator> to true and start Emby.

These are not the only 2 users. There is one policy.xml with the IsAdminstrator set to true already which I assume is the admin account I was using before.

• Solution

Alright I've fixed it. I guess a random user was given admin privileges or something? I edited the policy.xml that had IsAdministrator set to true. I set it false. Restarted the server. Every user was an administrator, so I unchecked the manage server box in my user's settings to figure out which policy.xml was mine. And I set all the other users to not be the administrator. And restarted again.

Sorry if that's confusing. Basically I didn't know which policy.xml file belonged to my user, but I managed to figure out by kinda hacking it.

Happy2Play

Glad you got it working again.

No idea why anything like this should happen but you can see your userid in the url on the web client if you enter any of the user settings.

• Like 1