Removed file (movie) does not disappear from the library

dma_k

13 minutes ago, Luke said:

Can you also update to 4.8.0.10 and provide a log file from that? Thanks.

The logs I recently sent you are for v4.8.0.9, but v4.8.0.10 still has an issue and log is equivalent.

BTW, is "Scan Library Files" called from submenu, working properly? Should it start with a message "LibraryMonitor: Stopping directory watching for path ..." in a log file?

image.png.f70e32745c1cba67b32fb6fb385d0082.png

OK, please temporarily enable debug logging under the logs section, then repeat the test and provide me with the debug log. That should hopefully provide more useful info. Thanks.

Took longer than I thought, but 4.8.0.11 is going up now and I think should resolve this issue for you. Thanks !

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, dma_k said:

As far as I can see, .deb version is not available (tried this one emby-server-deb_4.8.0.11_amd64.deb).

Sorry it takes time for all platform builds to be created when a new version comes out.  Please check back later.

5 minutes ago, dma_k said:

I have installed v4.8.0.12 and after library refresh the deleted video is still there. So the issue is not solved.

Ok can you please provide a new server log from the library scan? Thanks.

22 hours ago, dma_k said:

I have installed v4.8.0.12 and after library refresh the deleted video is still there. So the issue is not solved.

What example should focus on in the log? This time I don't see any exceptions during the library scan so it really should be fine.

I agree, that is wired. There is no exception during the scan but the movie (which I first tried to play) is kept in the library, however is supposed to be removed.

If the logs are not informative, maybe the logging could be further improved, e.g. in debug mode dump all entries to process from the library plus the result of the processing (skipped/refreshed/deleted/...).

Is Red Hat still showing up in your movie library? One helpful test you could do is open the server dashboard, then go to Live TV -> Add TV Source -> M3U

You're not going to actually setup a TV source, just use the directory picker. Click the directory search icon and browse to /mnt/video. Does RedHat.avi still appear in there?

It reports "There was an error saving the TV provider. Please ensure it is accessible and try again."

I tried different locations with the same error.

Or do you mean that I was supposed to check with this directory picker that the file is not there? Well, it is really not there.

tv_setup.png.e24d0448dd6a5f195f82ed97856e6caa.png

Right you don't need to actually try and save it.

What does the directory picker list for the contents of the folder?

Everything is just fine: it lists all movies and subfolders of /mnt/video. Nothing suspicious. Actually I have tested a few movies playback from that library without any issue. However there is at least one movie which is shown/listed, but is actually removed.

When I change the subfolder (e.g. /mnt/video/Cartoon) to not readable for Emby (e.g. root:root / 0700), then what should happen to all movies inside it? Probably they should be considered as removed, but that is not happening (they stay in the library and I cannot play them).

1 minute ago, dma_k said:

Everything is just fine: it lists all movies and subfolders of /mnt/video. Nothing suspicious. Actually I have tested a few movies playback from that library without any issue. However there is at least one movie which is shown/listed, but is actually removed.

When I change the subfolder (e.g. /mnt/video/Cartoon) to not readable for Emby (e.g. root:root / 0700), then what should happen to all movies inside it? Probably they should be considered as removed, but that is not happening (they stay in the library and I cannot play them).

Are you saying the directory picker is showing files that no longer exist?

No, the directory picker shows the correct state of the folder. The movie under investigation cannot re-appear, I have removed it from the filesystem.

Additionally I would like to add that the same behavior takes place for the movies which are not reachable because the folder is not readable anymore. Probably they should be removed from the library as well.