Roku 11.5 adds features I'm actually interested in

roaku

This never happens. It's things I want and will use!

• Continue Watching: Designed to make streaming on Roku even more convenient, Continue Watching makes it easier than ever for users to resume watching TV shows and movies they were previously streaming. Located within What to Watch on the Roku Home Screen Menu, Continue Watching gives users a single location to jump back into the content they are watching, from a selection of streaming channels including HBO Max, Netflix, Paramount+, and The Roku Channel, with more channels to come.
  • Save List: Users can now easily save movies and shows from across the Roku platform to create a Save List of content they want to stream later. Located within What to Watch on their Home Screen Menu, as well as the Roku Mobile App, the new Save List provides a single destination for users to quickly access and stream content they’ve previously saved. Users will see a “Save” option on movie and TV show details pages, allowing them to save that title to their list with a press of a button. Today's update is an expansion of the previously launched Save List within The Roku Channel and the Roku Mobile App.

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20220912005247/en/Roku-Launches-OS-11.5-and-New-Software-Features-Making-Streaming-More-Seamless-Than-Ever

Hopefully, Emby can support them, but I know some Roku features don't play nicely with personal content.

• Thanks 1

Gilgamesh_48
35 minutes ago, roaku said:

This never happens. It's things I want and will use!

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20220912005247/en/Roku-Launches-OS-11.5-and-New-Software-Features-Making-Streaming-More-Seamless-Than-Ever

Hopefully, Emby can support them, but I know some Roku features don't play nicely with personal content.

While I always hope Roku will return to what made them the overall best streamer for all content in general but much of what made they great is giving the user independence to stream what they want how they want it but Roku abandoned that idea some years ago and gave in to the greed monster and allowed quite intrusive content to show up on the Roku.

But I still use my Rokus for 90-95% of my streaming.
Of course Emby makes it better by giving an interface that allows me to see nothing but what I want.

So I trust Emby to, as much as possible, work well for me but I do not really trust Roku. Fortunately Emby continues to work about as well as possible given the limitations of the Roku environment.