Enabled background photo while media selections while home is on

AndyXH

It would be nice to also get a background what that info. so for example it if i click on the movies media lable now on top i get a random movie info "love it" but it would also be nice to get a background with that so it make it look more appealing then a black screen with info on top

Please see image when select media tabs

image.png.9aaadbe0b0cefd3d7b63dc8d39eb6aae.png

• Thanks 1

FrostByte

@Luke I don't think this one is completely done.

If you go to the top to Favorites and then back it remembers the enhanced info for whatever you were looking at before you go to favorites, but it doesn't bring back the backdrop

v.39

1. Start app and select one of the Media libraries in enhanced mode
  2. scroll up and over to Favorites
  3. Now scroll back to Home
  4. The details are remembered, but the backdrop is blank again

Then you have to scroll down and focus on a library again in order to force a refresh.

This same thing happens in the Android app, so probably across all ET based apps.

This is with My Media folders in the first section

Edited by FrostByte
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, FrostByte said:

@Luke I don't think this one is completely done.

If you go to the top to Favorites and then back it remembers the enhanced info for whatever you were looking at before you go to favorites, but it doesn't bring back the backdrop

v.39

1. Start app and select one of the Media libraries in enhanced mode
  2. scroll up and over to Favorites
  3. Now scroll back to Home
  4. The details are remembered, but the backdrop is blank again

Then you have to scroll down and focus on a library again in order to force a refresh.

This same thing happens in the Android app, so probably across all ET based apps.

This is with My Media folders in the first section

You need to actually focus something for that to happen, so I think the answer is just not remembering the previous selected info.

• Like 1

What I noticed is if you go to Favorites then scroller to the users icon that opens up the settings and go back the screen gets stuck on Favorites and cant go home anymore @FrostByte can you also test please 

FrostByte

I haven't been able to replicate that yet, but I found something similar, and they could be related issues

Because the app is no longer centering the My Media icons like it used to.  Now if you scroll all the way to the right, it allows you to scroll straight up to the User settings.  Then if you scroll left it skips over Favorites and goes straight over to Home.  So, you have to go all the way to the left at Home before you can go right to Favorites.

The Samsung app used to center the My Media libraries and still does in the Android app.  So, in Android when you scroll to the far right that library is centered in the middle of the page and when you scroll up it always takes you to Home first.  You can then scroll right and left without it skipping over anything

image.png.44eded374aff4ee65d2599db593d6876.png

38 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

I haven't been able to replicate that yet, but I found something similar, and they could be related issues

Because the app is no longer centering the My Media icons like it used to.  Now if you scroll all the way to the right, it allows you to scroll straight up to the User settings.  Then if you scroll left it skips over Favorites and goes straight over to Home.  So, you have to go all the way to the left at Home before you can go right to Favorites.

The Samsung app used to center the My Media libraries and still does in the Android app.  So, in Android when you scroll to the far right that library is centered in the middle of the page and when you scroll up it always takes you to Home first.  You can then scroll right and left without it skipping over anything

image.png.44eded374aff4ee65d2599db593d6876.png

It skips over favorites because whenever the tab bar receives focus it's going to apply focus to the current selected tab. But clicking right on my media should not bring you up to the header obviously.

• Like 1

FrostByte
1 minute ago, Luke said:

It skips over favorites because whenever the tab bar receives focus it's going to apply focus to the current selected tab. But clicking right on my media should not bring you up to the header obviously.

Got it.

Is the Samsung app supposed to auto center the focused library then?  I'm pretty sure it did at one time just like the Android app

1 minute ago, FrostByte said:

Got it.

Is the Samsung app supposed to auto center the focused library then?  I'm pretty sure it did at one time just like the Android app

Yes, but centered within the lower portion of the screen. Try disabling the focus preview option for the home screen.

FrostByte
44 minutes ago, Luke said:

Yes, but centered within the lower portion of the screen. Try disabling the focus preview option for the home screen.

It still doesn't center like the Android app or like it used to with focus preview off

Here's the Android app with focus preview on (there of course isn't anything to preview on the current location in my pic, but the others do.)

Since it's centered it naturally goes up to home instead of Settings.

I don't think the Samsung app centers anymore.

image.png.b968e576603d1dfe5d7192b1ab14c558.png

8 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

It still doesn't center like the Android app or like it used to with focus preview off

Here's the Android app with focus preview on (there of course isn't anything to preview on the current location in my pic, but the others do.)

Since it's centered it naturally goes up to home instead of Settings.

I don't think the Samsung app centers anymore.

image.png.b968e576603d1dfe5d7192b1ab14c558.png

Looks centered to me in that screenshot, no?

FrostByte
14 minutes ago, Luke said:

Looks centered to me in that screenshot, no?

Yes, that's the Android app as a reference.  The Samsung app no longer does that.  Which is why I think Samsung is jumping up to settings