Sony Xperia Z2 crash crashidy crash crash

jamvids

jamvids

Hi, my android has updated to the new version and it hasn't gone very well as far as music is concerned. It crashes randomly.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4f9btz1i16c8cz1/AABCaGtSTmJM3kgp4QxYZczsa?dl=0

there are these bugs too

The random function on playlists launches the video player and hangs.

The random (assuming that's what it is) icon does nothing.

There is no stop button.

The lock screen controls don't work.

No album artist section

No music plays from the artist section that is on a compilation album

I will keep you updated on others.

On the plus side, it streams great on 4g, (video that is) and clicking on an actor brings everything up by them and it all plays.

Well done. Hopefully the new beginnings of something great I would pay for the app again or yearly if the improvements keep coming.

Edited by jamvids

Redshirt

wait for 2.0.81 to download. It should start popping up on devices in the next hour or two.

jamvids

Hi, much more stable now, it played my playlists with the random ok, still crashing a bit but recoverable so far. These logs are defo from right now. On one i just played a track from album vue via the new menu on the home page, I had also liked it and made it a favorite before playing, it didn't play and became unresponsive, It went home again and then worked fine with the same song, the other time I was just browsin and adding to a playlist.

Hope this helps 
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wamuqsn5zj0w0u2/AAC4LCnHd-fsYSsvyNDd9k2da?dl=0

Edited by jamvids

jamvids

Some good feedback, I have been putting it through it's paces and the rest of it is working great, both on wifi and 3G/4G.

I have upped the data limit setting on cellular to 3 meg and it streamed perfect HD

I resumed a video on 4g, it took about 30 seconds to get going but streamed perfectly even though I was using other bandwidth hungry software

My processor has barely fluttered above 50%

I have swapped between other apps and back on my phone and no trouble

It's really working great. What's for the future?

Redshirt

The 2 issues in those logs are fixed for the next update. 

As for what's for the future. Who knows... I don't plan on stopping the improvements anytime soon. 

jamvids

I have been out in the car with it this morning, everything great until my phone logged on to a random Wi Fi, but it recovered well. One thing I noticed was the bluetooth skip buttons on my head unit used to work with the old app but don't now. Not too much bother until I need the sat nav.

I was wondering about the artist art (backdrop) as well, it looks like it uses album artist but may look better if it was done via just artist, then when music from a soundtrack or compilation is on it will still display the right images?

jamvids

Okay, something else (I feel like the bringer of doom), the remote function, works great for video, but doesn't send audio plays. I can almost sack my media centre remote. I don't think the skip buttons work with MBC but I assume that is server side as they don't work from a browser either.

Redshirt

How are you "sending" audio plays, and to what client?

I've just tested playing both an album and a song. Playing to either MBC or a Chromecast and both are working.

jamvids

Ahh, sorry about that, it was just a browser, I would usually use MBC from the browser on my phone but it only cued up 1 track at a time, as with Chromecast. Just tried it again and it worked, wierd. The skip buttons just skip through the song on MBC and the browser instead of the next track. The other reason I don't use MBC for music is it only puts a play count on the song you start it on and seems to put play counts on random tracks, ironically the same random tracks all the time (so maybe not so random). If I look at frequently played tracks, I have never listened to any of them. Different forum though unless you know about the issue by talking to the other devs.

jamvids

After this mornings update everything is looking rosey, no problems whatsoever. Time to think about a feature wishlist me thinks. Once again well done . Keep up the sterling work.