New Android Live TV Question/Issues (maybe)?

ab123ga

ab123ga

Love the fact that Android has live tv. A few question after trying it out today.

1. On recordings: When you select one to watch you get no info about the show. Is that expected? When you do the same on the web app you get the info.
  2. When watching a live show, the circle you get when android is doing something stays on the screen. When I watch via web app (on Lenovo) I have no issues. 

dlf_happy

I hope you don't mind me adding some questions regarding live TV. I previously posted them in the release thread, but i guess it was a bit off topic, so I moved them here. 

3. live tv to chromecast

For now I can only use native android screen mirroring for getting the new live tv feature on chromecast. It's pretty solid, albeit there is some occasional stuttering. Unfortunately it's not really fullscreen and it drains a lot of battery. Would it be possible to relay the tv stream chromecast directly? If so, would it be possible to turn off the phone screen while watching and use the phone as remote? 

Image just grabing your phone+chromecast and steaming your sports cable tv (via VPN) at a friends house ... or at work, if you don't make it home in time *-*

4. live tv guide view on android

The web client has a really useful view (called guide) for giving an overview of the current program. Is this scheduled for the android app as well?

Redshirt

1. Stage one was just getting TV playback into users hands. Functionality will certainly be added 

I'll look into it

I'll enable that in the next day or so

That will take a while, it's not as easy as one would think and that's why it didn't make the 2.0 release.

• Like 2

Sp3kt3r

Live TV on chromecast would be awsome and I like that redshirt is looking to add that soon :)

again very great update !! 

fantaxp7

Awesome update. For me live tv on my phone works much better than the web client. Not sure why that is. But very, very smooth on the Android Client.

Looking forward to chromecast streaming of live tv too.

Thanks! 

Redshirt

I've just fixed issues 2. It's not in the update I just pushed, I'll get it out to users tomorrow some time. 

• Like 1

ab123ga

@ Redshirt: I just downloaded an update from Amazon at around 10:30E (ver 2.0.82) and the constant circle is now gone from live tv programming. However, now when you watch a recorded show, the circle appears. It was not there previously.