Background Image on Homescreen

Select25

Select25

First, I'm pretty new to Emby so sorry when I miss some Backround here.

On TV, when I'm on the Main Screen and I highlight a Movie or TV Show, it shows the Background of this Movie/TV Show with Logo and some Details.
Now, when I highlight my Movie or whatever Library, it randomly shows the Text and also the Logo of a Movie or whatever, but every Time it's missing the Backround of this Item. 
I really like the Overlay of Emby on my TV but is it Possible to add the Backround to the "Homescreen" or add some random floating like the Server App or iOS App does when the Backround Images are turned on in the App Settings? Maybe that's something that could be added in the next Version?

Btw. that's my TV SAMS GQ-55Q6F

Thanks for Help :)

Edit: I added some Pictures

22-09-09 19-35-50 4551.jpg

22-09-09 19-36-14 4552.jpg

Edited by Select25
Pictures
  • Like 1

FrostByte
7 minutes ago, Select25 said:

On TV, when I'm on the Main Screen and I highlight a Movie or TV Show, it shows the Background of this Movie/TV Show with Logo and some Details.
Now, when I highlight my Movie or whatever Library, it randomly shows the Text and also the Logo of a Movie or whatever, but every Time it's missing the Backround of this Item. 
I really like the Overlay of Emby on my TV but is it Possible to add the Backround to the "Homescreen" or add some random floating like the Server App or iOS App does when the Backround Images are turned on in the App Settings? Maybe that's something that could be added in the next Version?

Agree, it needs something.  If it's going to pick a movie at random to show the details, then display the backdrop from that movie also

• Like 2

DogBronson

I have a similar problem and I wonder if it is the same issue causing it.

I have the homescreen set for the horizontal layout, not vertical like OP, but the large frame on the left displaying a random movie/tv show will not display the background of the first randomly chosen movie unless I click through to the movie details, then the background loads, and it will load on the homescreen if I back out. Alternatively, if I sit and wait on the homescreen for it to cycle to the next movie it will load the backgrounds from then on. After loading a background, if you go to another library and back to movies, it's blank again until either clicking through or waiting for it to cycle. TV shows are always fine.

I wonder if in OP's case if they wait for it to cycle to the next if it will display the background (does it cycle on vertical layout even?). Maybe the same issue is causing the first chosen movie background to not load regardless of layout.

Hope this makes sense how I'm explaining it lol

2 hours ago, Select25 said:

Edit: I added some Pictures

22-09-09 19-35-50 4551.jpg

22-09-09 19-36-14 4552.jpg

Hi, yes I see the issue. Thanks for reporting.

• Like 1

Select25
42 minutes ago, DogBronson said:

I have a similar problem and I wonder if it is the same issue causing it.

I have the homescreen set for the horizontal layout, not vertical like OP, but the large frame on the left displaying a random movie/tv show will not display the background of the first randomly chosen movie unless I click through to the movie details, then the background loads, and it will load on the homescreen if I back out. Alternatively, if I sit and wait on the homescreen for it to cycle to the next movie it will load the backgrounds from then on. After loading a background, if you go to another library and back to movies, it's blank again until either clicking through or waiting for it to cycle. TV shows are always fine.

I wonder if in OP's case if they wait for it to cycle to the next if it will display the background (does it cycle on vertical layout even?). Maybe the same issue is causing the first chosen movie background to not load regardless of layout.

Hope this makes sense how I'm explaining it lol

I also noticed that behavior when I change the layout. When I highlight a show and simply press the back button that the Cuser went back to the start button, the picture stays. Also it looks like the pictures don’t circle in my layout. I stayed there for a while but it only shows the movie that randomly dropped in.

Also thanks for the reply Luke :) I hope it’s an easy fix.

FrostByte
1 hour ago, Luke said:

Hi, please try the 1.3.8 build and let us know how that compares. Thanks !

I'm still not seeing a background when selecting My Media which I think this one is about.

• Agree 1

Select25

I tried the new 1.3.8 and now the Homescreen does have a Random Logo and description right from the start but it’s still missing the background of this Random Movie/Show. If you now can get the background to work, i think then it could be marked as fixed :)

• Thanks 1