Customize the order of channels in the guide?

lightsout

lightsout

I am using OTA in the US. I moved the channels around in the "live tv" section of the server dashboard, but it didn't seem to make a difference anywhere else.

I was able to set some favorites and put them at the top in the guide on the ATV app, but this didn't effect the web app. Is there anywhere that I can set a custom channel order and it be in effect everywhere? (I do not have  an .m3u so can't do it that way)

Hi.  To see your channels in the order in which you arrange them in the setup, you need to select "Default Channel Order" as the sort in the app you are using.

lightsout
33 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi.  To see your channels in the order in which you arrange them in the setup, you need to select "Default Channel Order" as the sort in the app you are using.

Wonderful thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

From the Emby Dash board, where is the selection "Default Channel Order" made?  Lead me  from the Dashboard  ... click on what then next ???

Thanks

Larry

On 9/23/2022 at 6:31 PM, larryjay said:

From the Emby Dash board, where is the selection "Default Channel Order" made?  Lead me  from the Dashboard  ... click on what then next ???

Thanks

Larry

Hi.  That wouldn't be done from the dashboard.  That would be selected as the sort option in the app/view you are using.

Thanks but I guess I still don't see the option.   Emby runs from TrueNAS  Charts docker  4.7.6.0   and  the app is Version 2.0.79g Registered which came from the Android / Google PlayStore  There is Starup Home Screen General Display Playback subAudio and LiveTV options.   And yes I did scroll/click to see the hidden options.     Nothing shows a "sort" option.  Could you maybe show me a screen shot of where I should be looking?   

And by the way,  I really like Emby's user interface.  More rational than Plex which I am moving from.   

Larry

HomeScreen -> Live TV   set the drop down to Channels seems to set the sort order of the Guide when in the Dashboard.  But not for my client application.   The Client App has ch 11.1 first followed by 8.1 followed by 13.3 .   The order this is following is a mystery to me.

8 minutes ago, larryjay said:

HomeScreen -> Live TV   set the drop down to Channels seems to set the sort order of the Guide when in the Dashboard.  But not for my client application.   The Client App has ch 11.1 first followed by 8.1 followed by 13.3 .   The order this is following is a mystery to me.

What is the sort order set to in the client?

To set the Guide channel sort order:

In the client,  bring up the Guide.   In the guide screen, look in the right side above the program listings for a "#, keyboard, heard and three dots".  You'll have to tab to the top of the guide then down, in-order to reach the right side of the Guide.  Click on the three dots.  In the menu which then appears titled Settings,  select  Channel Number in the Sort by drop down menu.    Done!  

Easy if you know how.   

• Thanks 1